Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 19 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,104
gini replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 8:14 AM | Locked

hi pam, welcome to the group.   nana had a quilt here like that.  go to the bar up above and click on groups.  scroll down until you find scrap happy and click to join.  you should be able to find it from there. if not, come back here and someone will get the link for you.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,213
Points 239,252
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 8:24 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Marie:

Should I book my flight, CC?  

Sure thing! Better hurry before the snow flies.

Marie:

We need pics again.

Your wish is my command... If the sight will co-operate. It hasn't been very agreeable tonight.

He's got feet!

Oh CC - he does have feet and such cute ones...lol... Marie - I'll book with you!  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 8:30 AM | Locked

CC , Sprout is just to darn cute, 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,213
Points 239,252
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:02 AM | Locked

Ah, the holiday weekend is over and it is back to the normal routine of life... all the kids across the country should be in school now and parents at home are happy and sad at the same time.  I do remember those days.  It is the way I felt when my son was leaving to go home - sad that our days were done and happy that I could slow down again and not be going going going... a two edged sword...

I miss them terribly but know that I don't have the energy to keep up with them - but it was fun for a short time...teehee

I am almost done with the hand embroidery on Snowmen A-Z - I got done with the horizontal rows of stitching - now just to do the vertical ones - I have to find some fabric in my fabric room to use for the borders.  I remember a striped red/white and green fabric that I bought years ago that I think will look great as the first border - now to find it - then I am thinking a dark Winter Red/Green fabric for the final border to pull it all together - I may have to go shopping online to find that one - can't remember if I have anything like that in my stash - but I'll go looking - I do know I want that final border to be dark colored though as the inside is all whites... 

We bought a water softener for the house and they are going to install it this morning - I am hoping that it will help solve the cleaning of clothes problem the hard hard water that we have causes - some of the cause was our old washer - the new one does a much better job but still not what I want - the salesman was good talking about this and I will check it out - we have it for 90 days and then they come back and check it - if it isn't doing what I want they will remove it - so I have a good time to check it out... Our water is very hard - we go through hot water heaters and shower heads - I try to use white vinegar on the shower heads but it only works so long...

And say a few prayers for Rocky today - he is at the vets for his dental procedure - boy was that boy mad at me when I put him in the cat carrier this morning - he did not stop meowing his displeasure from the moment I put him in it till the moment they took him to the back for his procedure - I call at 2 p.m. to find out how he is doing...

Another busy - Monday - Nope its Tuesday - but feels like Monday!

Have a great quilty week!!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:07 AM | Locked

We have hard water like that, too.  It wreaks havoc with DH' coffee pot (I don't drink coffee) and our shower heads.  You're right though, vinegar only works for so long.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:13 AM | Locked

I have so many things that need to be done today that I'm not sure which ones to start with....I have gallons of pears that need to be canned, more on the trees that need to be picked, a lawn that needs mowing and a house that really could use a good cleaning.   I have at least 20 quilt tops that need to be quilted and besides the baby quilts, 3 that I definitely need to quilt as DH frogged them for me (these were a couple I tried to quilt a long, long time ago and messed up royally).  He was so nice to do that, but it just added to my stack of those that need to be quilted.

Went to the LQS again yesterday and bought about 20 yards of flannel (on sale for $2/yd, and who could pass up a bargain like that), so now I have enough girly fabric to finish my baby quilts.

Well hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend...but I better get off this computer and get something constructive done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:17 AM | Locked

Karla, you are just way too busy.   I wish I could come help you out.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:30 AM | Locked

Hi Pam. Welcome.

Gini, you're gonna come home to smoke or snow...

Karla, send me some of those pears. That'll save you some work and we'll enjoy 'em! You can use the time you'd spend on them to work on those quilts. And anytime your DH feels the need to do more frogging, I'll put him to good use!

Kids are out the door and Hubby is soon to fallow. Then it'll just be me and Sprout for Jenni to guard. She's totally discusted with this school thing. How's a dog supposed to take care of the kids if they go off and leave her for most of the day? *sheesh*

DD made zucchini bread yesterday. She's so funny. She says it's the only thing she can cook, and whenever anyone sits down to munch a slice, she pesters them about how good it is and how can she make it better (Fishing for compliments). LOL I'd say the fact that the last slice just disappeared says it all... If it lasted more then 24 hours around here we'd know it was a dud.  :)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:49 AM | Locked

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:55 AM | Locked

CC ohh he is so adorabe ..love this picture

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,028
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:56 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Sure thing! Better hurry before the snow flies

CC, you said that 4 letter word, Kris block your eyes!  Changed my mind about booking to come there.  Decided that you should put Sprout on a plane, destination Boston, MA and I'll pick him up at the airport, take him to Millbury, then in Feb. put him back on a plane back to you.  (Ya sure!)  : )

Seriously, Sprout is just about the cutest baby!  How old is he now?  Just my size as far as cuddling and squeezing.  Thanks so much for posting his picture, can't wait to pick him up at the airport!  : )  What a sweetheart he is!!!  God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:58 AM | Locked

An absolute doll!  I can't wait for Logan to get a little older...I just love babies when they're around 3 months old...up until then I always feel like they're too fragile and that I'm going to hurt them.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,028
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 10:05 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Look at that little rascal, he's got those flirty eyes thing going!  CC, stop torturing me, it'll be a while yet before I can cuddle my GG child.  I need to go to the mall now and find a baby to cuddle.  News flash............Old woman arrested for accosting baby at mall.............

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,028
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 10:07 AM | Locked

Pat, welcome and enjoy the site, I know you will especially if you enjoy crazies like me.  : )

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 10:23 AM | Locked

CC sprout is so adorable.  Seeing his picture makes me miss working with babies, I miss my babies from the Child Development Center in Florida.  Maybe someday a I will get a job here.

This is going to be a busy week for me.  We are having a little house warming on Saturday so I will be busy making four differnet kinds of homemade ice cream.  I am doing pitaschio, blueberry cheesecake, vanilla and chocolate.  Homemade ice cream is so good and so much better than the store bought stuff.  DH started something when he bought the ice cream attachment to the kitchen aid mixer.

I am finally feeling better and hope to get back into the sewing room this week if I have time, if not then next week for sure.  I kind of hit  a quilting hiatus right after my little dog Missy died.  In part it was missing her and it is aslo my frustration with not being able to get a job here.  We havce been in Apple Valley for 7 months and it has never taken me this long to get a job before.  Thank goodness DH is so supporting, as he says there is nothing I can do but keep applying to the few jobs that come up and hope for the best.

Well I need to get ready for my day.  Need to take in the recycling, make the blueberry cheesecake icream base, do a little laundry, add water to the pool and a few other things before tackling a little house cleaning.

Margaret

Page 19 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use