Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 16 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 10:22 AM | Locked

I LOVE stuffed Zucchini.

Have a great Holiday.

Not a great day. There are guys digging up my back yard. Having the septic tank sucked out. Was in Walmart yesterday. Uh Oh, the candy corn is there. So, bought a big bag. I just love that stuff. Will eat it till it's gone and that won't take too long. Yum! Got the vacuuming done, dishes done and laundry in the washer. Now, will work on my genealogy today.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 10:25 AM | Locked

Be careful what you ask for, Leslie. You might soon find your porch over-flowing with super squashies. LOL

Ginni, my Dad made a simular dish, altho he never put Bacon in it. I bet that is goo-ood. Dad  seasoned his with basil and thyme, then sprinkled parmasion cheese on before he served it. As kids we didn't care for it much.  He also cut the big ones lengthwise, scooped out the seeds, stuffed them with sausage and baked 'em.  That is yummy. Early in the season he'd make Garden omlets with diced, seeded tomatoes, green onions, chopped zucchini and cheese. My DH loves those.

Today I think I'll make zucchini marmlade--that was one of Mom's favorite uses for the excess squash. She gave it as Christmas gifts every year. It looks so purty in the jars!! This recipe is simular to hers, but she added chopped marachino cherries. She always used apricot jello. http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1923,138185-239203,00.html

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 10:25 AM | Locked

Marie and Ginny ,congratulation to both of you on the upcoming new grandbabies. Maire I know your excited ,we can read it in your post.  Ginny I hope you can get someone to take you to the Bday party .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 10:28 AM | Locked

Well the problems with QCA finally got to the east coast.  Couldn't get on-site all morning and it's as slow as molasses now.

Just wanted to thank y'all for the wonderful comments on my becoming a GG.  My feet are finally on the ground but every once in awhile I float for a few seconds.  : )

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 10:29 AM | Locked

CC,makes me hungry just reading about the uses for the squash. Yummy..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,580
Points 51,710
Ginny replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 12:07 PM | Locked

Oh, basil and thyme sound really good.  I've got basil growing in a large pot on my deck that I often cut some off of of use frequently, but I don't have any reguular thyme, just ornamental groundcover kind and that doesn't work.   The zucchinii marmalade sounds wonderful.  think I'll have to look into that .    As far as veggie omlets, I often have those for my supper,  what I put in it depends on what fresh goodies are sitting on the counter or in the frig-if they have gotten that far. LOL   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,358
Points 28,605
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 12:23 PM | Locked

Marie:

Well the problems with QCA finally got to the east coast.  Couldn't get on-site all morning and it's as slow as molasses now.

Marie,

I was so frustrated this morning.  I just tried to get on site this weekend after giving up last Monday, and found that new threads had been opened.  I hoped that would solve the problem, but this morning - - - - NOTHING!  Explorer diagnosed problems with QCA site.  I tried off and on for a while, but finally gave up at 9:30.  Couldn't get any sewing done because phone was ringing with Rich's cattle trucking calls which I answer here and relay to him in the truck.  It is easier to just ride with him and check the answering machine remotely, but he thought I would like to stay home today.  I have a remote portable phone, but it is usually in the wrong room!  I need to tie it to me!!!!  Instead of trying to get something done, I just sit and read or check the computer while waiting for the phone to ring.  This is a Holiday for others, but not for us! 

I just turned the computer back on, checked emails and saw new posts from some so figured the site was working again - slowly, but working.  Explorer is having problems - I keep losing it also.  This world has become too electronic and we have all grabbed on to the convenience - - I guess we are overloading everything past what it was designed for.

CONGRATULATIONS, great-grandma-to-be.  We had our 4th GG child in July.  Haven't seen him yet as they live 120 miles away in PA.  Hope to be able to hug him in a few weeks.  Still haven't seen 10 month old GG son in Germany.  He will probably be 4 yrs old when we do, unless they get a chance for a leave that includes enough time for our grandson to get up here in the North.  Her family is in Georgia.  They got a leave a few months ago and went to Georgia, but we couldn't get there and they couldn't get here.  At least we were in the same country with him for a while.  We saw him on Skype on Christmas Day - so long ago. 

Hope this will post now!  Now off to getting something for us to eat, then sew!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 1:56 PM | Locked

Okay - not fair - I am just enjoying my grand kidz and you have great grandz - but I am very happy for you!!!  I hope to be around for great grands...

If I can get QCA to upload them I am going to post some pictures from this weekend...

Grandma Thea in pool with Reese before we got their life jackets - he is on a big dolphin...

Reese and Echo playing in the hot tub.

Brandon taking Reese way up in the air with the Dolphin - life jackets had arrived

My son is still a dare devil - we had to have a tarzan rope for the pool so here he is climbing the Pecan to put it way up there...

And the best Tarzan Jane was Echo...teehee

We are a house divided as far as OU colleges - Grandpa likes OSU and my son likes OU - the kidz first college outfits...teehee... Grandma loves these...

Momma Cassie in pool after we found her a bathing suit at the store and dressing up Grand puppy Lucy(Llasa Apso)

)

Echo with Grandma Sally in the kitchen - helping make a peanut butter sandwich

Poppa Jay showing Echo how to dive... put those hands together...teehee

And some relaxation guitar playing - Brandon's guitar that will go home with him - Grandma is tired of all his things still cloggin up her home - teehee - boxes left...hahaha

We had a fantastic weekend and it will take me a couple weeks to recover but that is fantastic - no fights - tears - just tons of fun!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 2:52 PM | Locked

Looks like a great weekend Thea!!

I just took the last  2 jars of Marmalade out of the canner. I lucked out and actually found Mom's recipe, written in her hand, so I used it this time instead of the internet version. (Just the smell of it simmering brought her back ...). There was a note on the recipe card that she got it from our baby-sitter's Mom (now long dead) so that brought back more "mem-bories". The kids are happy taste testers. Maybe someday they'll be the ones making it and thinking of Mom...

Ironically my Brother called while I was doing the prep work. I told him what I was up to, and he replied that he hadn't thought of that jam in years. I'll have to save him a jar. He commented on another treat Mom made (Pickled zucchini) and low and behold, that recipe was stashed on the same page of the old album. I sent it off to him (ain't e-mail grand?) with hopes he'll be ambitious enough to make a batch. LOL

Hubby just called. He dropped off the walker caddy for Bossman's Mum today. he said Bossman teared up over it. I can't imagine that big tough guy tearing up over anything, but hubby don' lie, so  he must have.        Weird...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 3:02 PM | Locked
Nan, it is so good to hear from you again. I have been off since Sat, or Friday? So much catching up to do. Thea, the grandkid pictures are wonderful!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 185
Karen replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 3:49 PM | Locked

Here is my Halloween table runner

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,804
Points 67,570
Bonita replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 4:18 PM | Locked

Marie, glad to see your surgery went well. Congrats to DS on his achievement. And best of all the news about the new baby. Now you can cancel the trip to CC's to take over her little Sprout. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,804
Points 67,570
Bonita replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 4:29 PM | Locked

Very nice Runner Karen. Was it a quilt as you go?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 4:44 PM | Locked

Oh, Thea, loved the pictures and I know you loved the moments as they passed by and the memories that those moments made. You will cherish those moments with your kids/grands for ever more. Special times. Sure looked like nothing but family fun.

How did your Mom handle everyone at once?   Looked like she was just making a samich without a problem with her little helper.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 4:57 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Sukochi's - have you gotten any answers back from the test yet?  I may have missed your post on that.

If that test would be the CT, then yes. I have  some small scarring on both lungs. Recheck in a year. That was the answer when I talked to the nurse. Didn't even get to talk to the Dr. We keep saying we will change D'.s but how do you know how to choose a Dr.? We have been with this Dr. for 8 years, but he has totally changed in that time. We have recommendations but again who do you listen too? One nurse at the ER told us of a good GP in Jasper but Jim says it is too far to go. For crying out loud. That is where we go to the ER and to Church. So why all of a sudden is it too far?  Then another nurse in the ER said there are two great doctors in Ellijay. She said one got so busy he had to take on a PA and the other is kinda flaky. If those are recommendations I will ask someone else! My DSIL said to get a good Dr we would really need to come down to the real world in Roswell, nearer to Atlanta. She doesn't think much of these country doctors. after all, why would a Doctor that is any good not want to work in of the big practices and get the big bucks. If Jim won't go 17 miles, he sure won't go 60.

Sukochi

Page 16 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use