Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 4 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,177
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:11 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Thinking about getting an air purifier machine.
Sukochi - With your air problems - YES - you should get an air purifier - When we lived on the east coast we had a humidifier with an air purifier in it - and you can get those rather cheaply - I would definitely get one for in your bedroom when you are sleeping and then just move it to where you are mostly during the day...

Here in Oklahoma because of the water table and the high humidity we had to get a dehumidifier with air purifier - they like just plain air purifiers are the more expensive but it was amazing how my breathing got so much better after we did.  I have horrendous allergies and this part of the country is horrific for them - we get 3 different winds cycles through here so we get it from all directions.  I have had horrible times all over this country and probably should just give in and go live in the middle of the desert somewhere - but since we know that isn't going to happen we have to work with what we have...

When my son was young he was diagnosed with a ARC - I can't remember anymore what the initials stand for someone probably can tell me but the gist was that his bronchial tubes had not fully developed and although he was thought at first to be azmatic that that actually was not the case - but he would get sick all the time - we had a breathing machine for him but it didn't do the job so i got a humidifier/air purifier for his bedroom and we got one and put it in the living room and he stopped being sick - the clean moist air filtering while he slept and where he played did the trick.

So I would say go for it - and if you need assistance - I do have one humidifier with filter that I could send you that we no longer use.  I just ran across it the other day when I was going through things to get rid of and thought about it but set it aside to wait and see if someone needed it... and if you want it you can have it - they are the inexpensive ones they sell at Walmart or stores like that - this one is about 10 years old but like new and I think at that time they were about $20 - but the last we used it here was when my son was still living here and that was about 10 years ago - as I said now I need the dehumidifier to take the excess water out of the air and I empty that in summer about 2 times a day and in the winter some times up to 4 times - and it removes 2 gallons at a time... but sure does help.

I will send many prayers for your loved ones!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,177
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:11 AM | Locked

chocake2:

DH just called. He was coming off an ambulance call he thought I should know about.... Bossman1's Mom broke her hip tonight. If you happen to think of it, please add her and the family to your prayers. Thanks.

CC - T&P coming their way!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,177
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:18 AM | Locked

Barbara:
Thea gee I haven't even started my blocks yet, but then I know how much you love Snowmen so this was a fun swap for you ..LOL

Barbara  I haven't started the swap blocks yet either - but here shortly I will - Snowmen TUV is a block in my Snowmen A-Z quilt that I am making - 3 blocks left - the one I am working on and then W and after it XYZ... I started this last summer and it got set aside for what reason - who knows - like so many things this last year - but before I would allow myself to start on Sew Spooky(although I did cut out all the blocks) I decided I had to finish Rainbow and get the hand embroidered blocks for Snowmen done... I am getting there with the embroidery as I do it while I am resting in my chair or while I am waiting for the pain meds to kick in so I can get some work done...

So much still to do and it is exasperating how much I am not getting done... what gets done now gets done - no time to worry about it... We got the Gazebo up last night and will put the tent up today... that will allow them to air out for a few days before the kidz get here - told Jay the house we get in MN will have to be a true 4 bedroom - plus a room dedicated to my sewing and a man cave for his pool table... this 4 bedroom house with only 1 real bedroom is for the birds when you get company - of course - Mom living in the front living room doesn't help much... I did get more of her boxes unpacked though so that soon we hope to move her into her bedroom - and out of my living room - then I can put the couch/bed in that room for guests when they come... 

We are going to have it (couch/bed) for the kidz if it is too hot out and put the grands in our room but if it is nice they will sleep out side and have the house open for movement when they want to come in and out - that way we will have room to move around in the house... 

So many decisions...lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,177
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:21 AM | Locked

Vivian :
I stopped the codine cough medicine and feel so much more in the "hear and now"  that I went back to the fabric store and stocked up on neutrals.  I got about 20 meters of creams, tans and light florals that fills in a spot in my stash quite nicely.  Plus some fillers for a batch I have earmarked for quilts in the future.  I went to a Guild Garage Sale and bought a bunch of fabric from one of our "collectors"  they were collections that she bought and used one or two of the fabrics leaving not enought variety to make a decent project.  So, I am good to go if I ever spend time at home this fall. 

Vivian, Glad to hear that you are back with us - completely.  And oh my - the additions to your stash sound wonderful - what a great collection of fabrics you will have.

Avatar - did you like it? We have watched it several times and I love movies like that.

Have a nice vacation and enjoy the babies 50th.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:25 AM | Locked

Loved Avatar and would have liked to have watched it all at once.  I had friends drive out to drop off something and I didn't invite them in because I wanted an evening alone and the movie was half finished.  I don't deserve friends sometimes.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,177
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:37 AM | Locked

Vivian - we all need our alone time - and those who are true friends understand that.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:45 AM | Locked

Vivian ,everyone need their private time, I don't think you did anything worng, And Avatar was a great movie. Hope you get to see the entire movie at one time ,itis so good.barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:48 AM | Locked

Thea I bet the GK will love sleeping in the tent weather is's hot or comfortable, Kids loved sleeping outside. Iknow I did when I was a kid, heck I even used big boxes for sleeping outside. what fun that was..LOL they are going to have a blast with the pool and hottub,and tents ,can I come a be a grand daughter ..LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:51 AM | Locked

Thea,

My son had a cat named Rocky that they got at a shelter. He had bad teeth as well. Had to have them pulled along with the antibiotics and meds that go with it. He did real well after that.  Thought it was interesting that the cats were both named the same and had the same issues. LOL  Glad he is better.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:55 AM | Locked

Barbara,

Hope you are doing so much better today. Dentist, yuck! I can't stand going to the dentist.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:56 AM | Locked

Mary,

Right up my alley too!! My favorites.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 11:26 AM | Locked

Vivian :

Loved Avatar and would have liked to have watched it all at once.  I had friends drive out to drop off something and I didn't invite them in because I wanted an evening alone and the movie was half finished.  I don't deserve friends sometimes.

Vivian - We all deserve friends! We just also deserve alone time and sometimes our friends don't recognize that - Well, family, too for that matter! Then again, there are times when the friends are exactly what we need!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:26 PM | Locked

one of my favorite pictures, the bride is my daughter's best friend and the mom to the boys i watch.  the cutie on the right is DD1, who has worn this grin continually since she learned how at 2 months.  she even laughs when she is crying.  gotta love her.   they are truly mutt and jeff.  lori is 6'1" and very elegant.  wendy is 5'1", short and plump.    it is so fun to watch them get ready to go out on the town.   lori spends hours, getting her "look "just right.   wendy throws something on, jabs the mascara wand in her eye, has her shirt on inside out which kinda semi- matches whatever is on the bottom, and forgets to comb her hair.  they look at each other, ask, "how do i look",  and tell the other  how beautiful she looks and really mean it.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:28 PM | Locked

vivian, i get seriously grumpy if i don't get regular alone time

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,177
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:30 PM | Locked

Ramona:

Thea,

My son had a cat named Rocky that they got at a shelter. He had bad teeth as well. Had to have them pulled along with the antibiotics and meds that go with it. He did real well after that.  Thought it was interesting that the cats were both named the same and had the same issues. LOL  Glad he is better.

We asked the vet what we could do to stop this and they told us just the dry food - well we do that - his brother China had this problem last fall - either his tooth was good or bad - no rhyme or reason either - I guess we should brush their teeth with flouride(sp)...teehee

Rocky - born 9/18/1998 - this is a couple years ago - I have tons of pictures of all the cats but for the life of me every time I go looking for a specific cat can't find one - but did find this one...teehee

Page 4 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use