What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 3 of 424 (6356 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:35 PM | Locked

DH just called. He was coming off an ambulance call he thought I should know about.... Bossman1's Mom broke her hip tonight. If you happen to think of it, please add her and the family to your prayers. Thanks.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:45 PM | Locked

CC, will do ,hope she has a speedy recovery, barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:06 PM | Locked

Today is happy dance day!   In spite of a long day at work,  I am now so energized, I know I can get the wedding quilt finished tonight.  What's making me so happy?

Spud is coming to the Leavenworth retreat!!!!!!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:34 PM | Locked

Patti

I am doing the Happy Dance with you.   I have prayed lots that she would make it.  I am so excited.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,501
Points 417,379
gini replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:32 AM | Locked

i cannot wait to meet spud in person.  i am joining you in the happy dance.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,608
Points 247,132
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 1:53 AM | Locked

Barbara:
Thea ,you have fun with those grand kids of yours , but no more cartwheels ok.. we want you healthy for Iowa.  Hope kitty gets well soon.

Hmmmm  a cartwheel - hadn't thought of that - teehee - maybe I will do one of those this time instead of a somersault.  I had decided no flips, cartwheels, or roundoffs but maybe - teehee...

Update on Rocky - he has an abscess infection in one of his bottom teeth - some arthritis in his spine - he was given an antibiotic shot and a steroid shot - the antibiotic is to take care of the infection and hopefully clear it up so that the tooth can be pulled next week and the steroid was to help with the arthritis.  He was dehydrated and is underweight - 

I always feel so bad when one of my kittens gets sick and it takes me a while to notice - cats are so resilient - they can go for a long time and not show that a thing is wrong... but we caught this in time and he will be much better after the infection is taken care of - I am just glad that I picked him up today and he made that funny noise or I wouldn't have known that he had the tooth problem - we thought it might be that he was bound up as cats can get kidney problems very easily as they age...

So that is the good news... lol... no real bad news accept my pain levels are climbing again - I think it is stress with wanting everything perfect this weekend and I have no control over that - can only do what I can do - and stress with the woman in the front of my house that is supposed to be my Mom - I wonder where she went to Mom school at and realize more and more why I left home at 16... It will all be okay though - 

I have been diligently working on Snowmen and have TUV block almost done - 2 blocks after this to go and then I start putting it all together... 

Life is really good isn't it - Warm quilty hugz to all!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 3:42 AM | Locked

Thea gee I haven't even started my blocks yet, but then I know how much you love Snowmen so this was a fun swap for you ..LOL   Glad to hear Kitty has been DX'd  sorry to hear he has a bad tooth .I know how hes feels ,my mouth has really hurt me this evening and I'm having touble sleeping with the discomfort. the steorid shot should help him for a while with his arthritis ,poor kitty.

You take care and have lots of fun with those grandkids ,take lots of pictures for us .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:35 AM | Locked

Barbara and Rocky, praying for a decrease in your pain. Thea praying for your pain to lessen for this special time and on to forever!! Now, could you pray for my Nephew and family in Lafayette, LA and my sister in Ar. I am worried by these weather reports over there.

Going to get this CT chest with and without contrast. They asked if I am allergic to this dye stuff and how would I know? Haven't had that. Oh, wait, had a kidney stone once so guess I have had that. Will do fine. I told Jim last night, good or bad news, if they just can find something that can be fixed...or not, I will be happy. I just want this terrible cough to stop. So Pray for me this a.m. Test is at 10:45 EDT.

Thinking about getting an air purifier machine. Does anyone have one? How does it work for you, if you do? Nan offered me one but, seems to me, if she is willing to give it up, how good much it work? Couldn't afford a whole house one so, is there any point? Of course, cough is terrible in the bedroom, so maybe in there.

Better go. Watching the storm coverage this a.m.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:01 AM | Locked

Sukochi , will keep you in my prayers ,keep us posted on your scan ,so far my mouth is feeling much better this am, didn't get much sleep last night as it was just hurting so bad. I was very restless.  I sure don't want to have to go thru this very often LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:35 AM | Locked

Barbara - Glad to hear that your mouth feels better and that it didn't cause any more trouble than you could handle at the retreat. I've had the root canal from HE__ so I can't imagine getting 2 of them at the same time!!! Brwk, Brwk, Brwk!! (call me chicken if you want...)

Susie - Thinking of your DS along with you. He will be back to cook you more good food.

Blessings winging your ways for all of those in need!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:38 AM | Locked

I stopped the codine cough medicine and feel so much more in the "hear and now"  that I went back to the fabric store and stocked up on neutrals.  I got about 20 meters of creams, tans and light florals that fills in a spot in my stash quite nicely.  Plus some fillers for a batch I have earmarked for quilts in the future.  I went to a Guild Garage Sale and bought a bunch of fabric from one of our "collectors"  they were collections that she bought and used one or two of the fabrics leaving not enought variety to make a decent project.  So, I am good to go if I ever spend time at home this fall. 

I put a quilt on the longarm last night and then sat down and watched a movie.  I just couldn't get into quilting.  I bought the movie Avatar ages ago and never watched it. DH was out of town and I had the house to  myself.  A bowl of popcorn for supper and a movie was the schedule for the evening. 

We are off on thursday to BC to his BIL 50th birthday.  The baby of our bunch.  We all had ours already and he is the last.  We will spend a few days just doing the tourist thing and maybe getting as far as visiting my aunt.  My uncle passed a year ago and I have heard she is finaly getting out with the widow set.  She and her friends golf so they take golfing holidays.  Sometimes they even take their clubs!!  I also want to take in some wineries while we are there.  Just a way to get out and see the country. 

I have not been watching the news lately and I have noticed in the posts that the weather isn't to good for some of you and your dear ones.  Hope all is well when the dusts settlel.

Barbara glad to hear your teeth are better.  Whith this sinus infection, one side of my mouth is still sore from the pressure.  At the start, I wan't sure if it was an infected tooth or a sinus infection as it was the tooth I am sure has a crack in it and it can't be seen on an xray.  Anyway, tooth pain is brutal and I would only wish it on my worst enemy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:05 AM | Locked

Vivian, sinus infections can make your face feel like it is a tooth ,that is really common. it does put pressure on them and it feel awful. I have that issue myself. Gald to hear you are felling better and hope you don't have to suffer with anymoe. I think this as been a problem with many people across the country this year with all the high temps and the drought . have fun on your trip .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:54 AM | Locked

Wow, I can't even possibly trry and catch up on this site.  I have been out sick since Saturday.  I had a sinus infection and was actually picking up the antibiotic from the Target pharmacy on Saturday, but what happened I end up with the flu on top of the sinus infection and man was I sick.  The sad thing was I woke up Saturday morning is such a good mood as I was so happy that DH had to cancel his business trip to Mobile, AL. due to the hurrricane.  We spent a leisurely Saturday morning and then around 11:00 am Dh decided to go for his run.  We ate lunch and decided to go and check out an Asian Market and get groceries.  By the time we get to the Asian Market I am freezing cold, I go into the store with DH and then end up going back out to sit in the car to get warm.  Now even in 91 degree temperatures outside I was still freezing and shivering.  DH comes out and I tell him all I want to do is go to Target and get my meds and then go home.

We get to the pharmacy and wouldn't you know Target hasn't filled all my prescriptions that I dropped of the day before.  They couldn't even find out what happened to them.  Thank goodness I still had the refill bottle on the antibiotic.  All I wanted was to go home and go to bed.  By the time we get home I had a temperature of 104.8 and for me that is scary.

I am doing better today, still have a nasty headache but at least I am up out of bed.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,606
Points 52,025
Ginny replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:04 AM | Locked

Oh Margaret,  Please hurry and get better.. You have been quiet on here much too long.   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:05 AM | Locked

Yes, you seem to have disapeared for some time.  Get well soon.

Page 3 of 424 (6356 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use