Page 1 of 424 (6356 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 776,715
QCA Admin Posted: Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:11 AM | Locked

Hello,

Because this thread has become so popular, and receives so many replies (which can sometimes cause performance issues), we will continually add new "versions."

The most recent posts in What are you up to today? #5 are here.

The original thread was started by Spudgrandma back on August 19, 2009.

Thanks,

QCA Mandy

• | Post Points: 335
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:18 AM | Locked

Thanks Mandy ,It was time ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:23 AM | Locked

Thank you, Mandy  For the first time ever, I had real trouble posting yesterday and today.  That is amazing that it has grown so much since Dear Spud started it in 2009.  Spud are you out there.  You are missed so Much- come back on here.  Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:39 AM | Locked

Mandy, this is working great this morning. Closing the thread and opening this is going to be wonderful.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:42 AM | Locked

I just tried to post. It gave me the message about duplicate posts, which I didn't not do. And it did not post.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:43 AM | Locked

Sorry, Mandy. Guess it took longer then I thought. I apologize.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:52 AM | Locked

Ooo Ooo - We have a new thread to gab in.  Are we "talkers" or what??  It's amazing we get any sewing done. 

"Little David" posted he was in Germany this morning.  Don't know if he is at his "home" base or just at the airbase that he was flying into.  He said he was very tired.  He left the Atlanta airport on a 9:30 flight yesterday morning.  Hopefully these next two years will go by quickly for ALL of us. 

I had them all over on Sunday evening for chocolate cake and ice cream with hot fudge topping.  YUM!  I gave them most of the cake to take home with them so I wouldn't be tempted to eat the whole thing.  :o) 

Sukochi -- any news about Jerry yet?  Praying for his complete recovery.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:54 AM | Locked

Just realized that it is raining out.  Must be the "outer bands" from Issac already.  Hopefully he will head up the nations midsection and give them some much needed rain too.  

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:02 AM | Locked

Marge we are also hoping it comes up this way , as of now it looks like the path will make Missouri .so we are keeping our fingers crossed ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:10 AM | Locked

Talked to Ron yesterday, then he put out an email. You won't believe what is going on. Ron told me that someone said that Jerry had his teeth "severed". Have you ever heard such a thing? We have no idea who started that rumor. The eye socket was an old injury, as was the broken jaw. He had his lip stitched yesterday and they didn't say anything about the broken arm. Oh, and the broken leg turned out to be an old injury. I have no idea what the radiologist was thinking..or it was the Dr. Anyway, Jerry is doing fine today. They did set the arm. Jerry is such a fighter. He has been terribly injured when the house blew up while they were inside fighting the fire in 1900 that he probably has all sorts of old injuries. We are still praying for him. We are kinda afraid that his heart will act up again. Ron said keep the prays coming. Jim and I were going down to Alpharetta to see him but our weather report is for heavy storms so we will wait till tomorrow. The outer bands must extened really far to be getting us.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:13 AM | Locked

I'm trying really hard to keep tabs on Isaac.  My son is in school about an hour southwest of New Orleans.  They have been evacuated out of the dorms and into the Student Union for the duration.   I haven't heard from him since they ordered the evac & he needed to figure out what he wanted to take.  From the way it sounded, they wouldn't be allowed to leave the SU until the all clear.  I'm one worried momma!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,738
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:19 AM | Locked

Marge, praying that David and all our troupes stay out of harms way and come back to us safe and sound.  God Bless, not only them but their families as well.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:20 AM | Locked

Susie, Keep us posted ,I did start a thread in regards to Isaac hopeing we will hear form our members in this area. 

Now I"m off to the Dentist again. his last work has made my mouth very sore ,going to check to see if one of the fillings has come out see you all later.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,738
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:26 AM | Locked

Susie my prayers going up for you and your son and New Orleans, everyone in the track of Isaac.  This can not be happening to them again!  God Bless.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,923
Points 26,980
Ramona replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:35 AM | Locked

Vivian,

I am so sorry of your sinus infection. That is certainly a miserable thing to have. Hot compressions work well. (heating pad) I've been fighting allergies myself but Allegra has kept an infection at bay. We have May and June and August and Sept for our bad allergy season. Mine certainly don't miss a beat when it gets to be that time of year.  

That is so disappointing to hear of your fabric store closing.  100 miles is certainly a long way to go to a fabric shop and pick up that last piece of fabric you might need to finish a project. Maybe you can get back to her store and grab a lot of stash fabric. LOL  My nearest fabric store is at least 60 miles away so I sorta know how you feel.

Feel better soon.

p.s. Glad they started the #6 area. I've had such a hard time getting on here lately. 

Page 1 of 424 (6356 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use