Dear QCA admin...

Page 4 of 5 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 61 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,247
Points 134,648

Good to know Sheri. Thanks for the input. Wish I'd have done this a long time ago. LOL

Barbara, keep us posted on your experience. I know for today, I am enjoying the experience and even on QNNTV the videos loaded so much faster and the quality of full screen is so much clearer. PS: I'm on a laptop. Hmmm

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 8:27 AM

Stephanie, I will I have to doenload it onto my completer first ,I think  just bouhgt it this year so it may already be there ,but I'm going to try it out anyway,  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 1:33 PM

Stephanie:
I just updated my browser from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome.

I have been using Chrome for over a year because I heard it was snappier and less prone to bugs than IE, but when the QCA site is having problems, you'll feel those problems regardless of what browser you use!  This site has been noticeably better on the short threads.  Once in a while I hit a long thread (farm animals, for instance) and that still bogs down, and entering other areas like groups is still terribly slow.  So, switch to Chrome if you like because it is a good browser, but don't expect it to clear up the QCA slow-downs.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 9:03 AM

good moring,  first off the site was down until about 8:30 this morning , running very very slow , hard to get on anything. I had hope with it down someone was working on it,but that does not seem to be the case.  Just making y'all aware  .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR :{{{   This site is driving me nuts

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 9:56 AM

I had a hard time earlier today but now is running very quickly again - it is an up and down experience - I think it is a lot like my quilting adventure - it teaches me PATIENCE>..teeheee

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 11:03 AM

Barbara:

Sheri, I use IE and have for a long time ,I have not had problems with it ,except for an occasioal "not wroking" but it gets me right back on.  Now on my laptop thats a whole differnet problem .It hates my laptop. I have no reason why, it is always losing connection there. I don't use my laptop much for that reason, plus I just really don't care much for them. . Maybe I should try the chrome on my laptop and see if it work better. anyway with IE this is the only site I have a problem with . everything else works just fine.

Barbara,

I have a laptop and it runs Windows Vista.  I often wondered if it's this version of Windows that makes IE such a pain.  I don't remember it being so temperamental on the old desktop.   My husband has Windows 7 on his laptop and has no problems.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 11:08 AM

Barbara:

good moring,  first off the site was down until about 8:30 this morning , running very very slow , hard to get on anything. I had hope with it down someone was working on it,but that does not seem to be the case.  Just making y'all aware  .

I couldn't get on either.  Browser was not the problem this time.

This is getting tiresome.  I like to do group activities and this is making it very difficult.  I'm really losing interest in this site :(

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 170
I was thrilled to discover this site as a new quilter, finding it a great buy...when it works. I have three different computers, have used IE and chrome and fire-fox, have tried to use different roots to get on the site from my favorites to multiple Google options, and have had on only about %60 of the time been able to get on the site. I have tried to post in depth things, pics and links, but it never shows up on the forum, lost to the wind. I love this site and my membership with all its perks, but that brings another HUGE issue with the fact that we can't get on this site: How can we use our paid for membership benefits if we can't access the site? Deals and coupons are kept here on the site (I've copied them, but shouldn't have to, and can't tell when there is an update.) The great patterns and magazines are ON THE SITE and we can't access them like we should be able to (not to mention that the magazines load slower than a turtle when they actually do.) Patterns, links, posts; all things we paid to experience, and did so for a very good reason. They are wonderful for ANY quilter! I just wish that the ones who control the bottom dollar would treat us as paid customers. I don't think the mods are the ones not doing a great job, they are indeed helping, reporting, and reading our concerns. I do, however, think those who pay for the server should look into changing to a better company. Other sites that are free don't experience this, let alone a paid for site. I love this site so much, just wish we could get what we paid for.

Alexis B. of Surrey, BC

Canadian, American, and future Israeli!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 9:19 PM

Well said, Alexis!  Hopefully after the holiday weekend, we'll get some answers.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:12 AM

Dear QCA  is there anyway ,that you all can let us know per message or something ,the next time the site is going to be down  for repairs ,I think this is alot of the problem is we don't know and get frustrated when we can't get on site.  Just a suggestion.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,255

Like others I'm getting a bit frustrated with the QCA site being inaccessible so often. I understand that you "are working on the problem". But we've received that response so often that it really no longer means anything. It feels like a pat on the head and now go away and play.

Couldn't you give us something more, be more specific about what you are doing to solve the problem? I absolutely love the other quilters on QCA. I've had so much fun, learned so much and the site is fantastic (when it is working). I go into withdrawals when I can't access QCA. But I'm also an impatient sort and really don't care for being put off with platitudes and generic responses. I've been looking at other online quilt groups but haven't found anything to match QCA.......yet. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,146
Points 15,700
Erin replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 12:37 PM

I usually only have issues the last day of the month and the first few days of the month. I am guessing it is because of the contests and people are signing up and/or checking for winners and new contests. The server cannot handle the traffic generated and it crashes/slows down. I may be wrong but that's my opinion.  I love QCA  and enjoy it a lot ~~WHEN I CAN GET IN~~ but doubt that I will be renewing my premium membership next year.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 12:40 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Like others I'm getting a bit frustrated with the QCA site being inaccessible so often. I understand that you "are working on the problem". But we've received that response so often that it really no longer means anything. It feels like a pat on the head and now go away and play.

Ditto!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 776,655

I do appreciate the communication about the web site being down. I am not one to give lip service just to appease people. We are working toward a solution with the QCA website. The site was down this morning for maintenance. Maintenance is a good thing, I do understand that it is frustrating because you don't know if it is down down or just down for maintenance. Hang in there with me...I want to see a solution as much as you do :)

QCA Mandy

Page 4 of 5 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use