Page 1 of 5 (62 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 61 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy Posted: Mon, Aug 27 2012 10:22 PM

Are you aware that it can take up to 90 seconds after clicking on a discussion link before the pages load?  I'm not exaggerating - I timed it.  The site seems to be growing slower every day, and I have to believe that anyone new coming along is going to quickly give up on reading the discussions here.  Have you seen a drop in the daily number of new posts?  Have you seen a drop in the number of new premium memberships?

I would think between advertising and membership fees, this site should be pulling in enough money to purchase good quality servers and hire top rate technicians.  My husband belongs to a free social network called Lumberjocks that has just as many posts and just as many photos, and their site never bogs down.  

Could you please tell us if you are working on the problem and if you think a solution is near?

Signed, 

Frustrated in Minnesota

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 10:25 PM

After I waited even longer than Nancy, I got an error message, and could not post at all!  Please help!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 11:15 PM

The site is like wading thru really thick molasses.  It takes as much as 5 minutes to just get onto the site and then it is extremely difficult to navigate the site once you get logged on.  This is becoming extremely frustrating,.  I can not imagine that this is how QCA wants to be known.  I hope that someone can fix this problem.   I would hate to see us start loosing members due to frustration with the technical aspects.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 11:23 PM

Please fix it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 1:24 AM

yes, it is becoming very frustrating.  One thing that helped previously is when they closed a discussion and opened a new one, like "what did you do today #5" after a couple thousand posts.  Now there are several with many thousand, that take a very long time to get into.  Almost not worth it. 

QCA, you are ruining a good thing.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:48 AM

QCA several times yesterday I could not even get on the site after I know long periods of time  I just gave up . We are seriouly in need of an update here , please we need this fixed , its terrible to try and do the important things we need to do here when we can even get on. . BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,995
QCA Admin replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:01 AM

We are aware of the technical difficulties of the QCA website. We use the same system that you do and it is frustrating when patterns, contests and newsletter information can't be uploaded/downloaded especially when facing deadlines. We are working on the issue. Thank you for your messages.

QCA Mandy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:09 AM

Thanks Mandy for letting us know . I hope y'all can get it fixed fast, LOL    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:34 AM

Mandy, we appreciate you telling us this. But, unfortunately, this is a case of same song, different day. In this age of technology, this should have been fixed before it got this far. I paid hard earned money for the privilege of participating in QCA and I want my money's worth. This has gone for being fun to boarding on the ridiculous. Perhaps it would help to close out some of the boards an reopen them.

Mandy, I am so sorry to have to complain but FIX IT!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,995
QCA Admin replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:43 AM

Hello All,

I have locked and restarted 4 very long threads. We will continue to monitor the website and work with the developers to increase the speed of the site. 

QCA Mandy

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:46 AM

Thanks Mandy.

Several times yesterday I had the same problems as mentioned above.  Pages were taking forever to load and last evening I couldn't even get the site to come up.  

As Nancy mentioned, people will lose interest.  I have been on less frequently because of the tech issues.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,995
QCA Admin replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:50 AM

Sheri A.:

Thanks Mandy.

Several times yesterday I had the same problems as mentioned above.  Pages were taking forever to load and last evening I couldn't even get the site to come up.  

As Nancy mentioned, people will lose interest.  I have been on less frequently because of the tech issues.

Thank you for your message Sheri A. I am closing long discussion threads and opening new ones to help matters. We are frustrated on our side as well and are working on the problem.

QCA Mandy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:08 AM

Thanks Mandy.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Thanks Mandy!!!!!  We can be a gabby bunch.  Now if they could just figure out why most of my comments won't post over in Show and Tell.  

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,995
QCA Admin replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:19 AM

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Thanks Mandy!!!!!  We can be a gabby bunch.  Now if they could just figure out why most of my comments won't post over in Show and Tell.  

Hi Marge, have you contacted customer service? Sometimes different computer setting can be changed. It would be good to troubleshoot the issue with you. Please contact us and we will help you Email us at admin@quiltersclubofamerica.com or call us at 888-253-0203. 

QCA Mandy

Page 1 of 5 (62 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use