Quilt as you go Information

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 195
Herrmann7@aol.com Posted: Fri, Aug 24 2012 6:59 AM

I am looking for recommendations for books or videos to learn the quilt as you go technique.  I'd be interested in your recommendations -- particularly for sashed QAYO techniques or techniques that don't require hand stitching.  Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
LizF replied on Fri, Aug 24 2012 7:42 AM

I did a google seach and found several different types of quilt as you go, with utube tuorials. But here's one in particular that has the sashing and all sewing that you said you were looking for. It's on April Brown's Granny Goose website. http://www.grannygoosedesigns.net/quilt_as_you_go.html

Liz

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930
MaxNTopeka replied on Fri, Aug 24 2012 11:06 AM

Here is a non-video tutorial on the QAYG technique.  Be sure to click on the wording below each picture to open each section of the tut. (Clicking on the pic only opens the rest of the set of pics.)   This tutorial does show a modern-styled quilt, but the techique used will work for any type of QAYG block.   This method keeps you from having any handwork.

hope it helps!  http://www.thequiltingedge.com/p/tutorials.html

Max

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,941
Points 234,192
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 24 2012 12:48 PM

Marti Michele has a really good book on this technique - sorry off the top of my head can't remember the name but google it and you will find it.  I am trying to think of the other person that I have seen teach on this technique but am having my senior moment for the day - I'll remember and post it later if someone else doesn't post it before then... There are though quite a few books out about this now.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use