Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 10:19 PM

Mary glad that you are here with us.  It's crazy, I am like Thea on this one.  When I am overwhelmed by something, I go into a cleaning frenzy... Funny my DH just noticed that the house wasn't as clean as he thought it should LOL. I guess with the beautiful sun and just being home after visits with family, I don't feel so much inclined as to get into a cleaning mode.  I told him I was waiting for a rainy day... in a week or so.  So please go sit for a few minutes in the sun.  Get a good book or a quilting magazine and indulge in taking time for yourself.   Big hugs going your way and I hope you will see a rainbow in your life soon.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Thu, Aug 23 2012 4:28 AM

Mary:
It's all part of my isolating when I'm down which just makes me more down and then I isolate more which...well...you get the cycle, right?

Hi Mary

I do know what you mean & have been in the same spot recently & fully understand what you are going through. I did PM you last week feel free to contact me if you want/need to. I am really happy to see you back as I was concerned for you. Thinking & praying for you

love Clare

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400

I'm new around here but wanted to add my "welcome back" well wishes.  I've dealt (or not) with depression most of my life.  Even though I'm a hermit I have to have a certain level of contact with people or I can spiral down pretty quickly.  My two hours a day on-line really fills in a big gap.  So, please stay active here even if you are not quilting at present.  Reaching out is so important.

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,153
Points 14,965
Dawn replied on Thu, Aug 23 2012 6:27 PM

So glad you stayed!!!!   Yay!  We can all get there, but need to just hang in there and reach out to others.  I agree that sunshine and walking would do you wonders!  Prayers and hugs!!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Aug 23 2012 11:36 PM

Mary, So glad to hear you're feeling better.  You need to just do what your soul tells you, quilt, knit, crochet, read, watch tv (when I get in my lonely moods, I watch old Perry Mason and Law & Order)  Sometimes we just have to ...be....

xoxo

Glad you're back

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,478
Points 41,325
Mimi replied on Fri, Aug 24 2012 5:56 PM

Mary:
I didn't let go of the internet as my DH and therapist both vetoed it.

And I am very glad they did.  Mary  I'm so happy you're back on site and it's wonderful to know you have lots of support from DH and your therapist. Life has a way of getting to you and it can be very challenging to climb back up out of the difficult stuff every day.  I know I speak for many when I say, if you need me, let me know.  I'm here for you. Call, write, send up smoke signals.  Whatever it takes.  Wish I lived closer so we could do lunch too.  <<<<HUGS>>>>

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,594
Points 75,890
Karla replied on Fri, Aug 24 2012 7:50 PM

So glad you are still with us Mary.  I know that depression is very hard to deal with.  My daughter, when a teenager, was severely depressed and was on medication for a long time.  She still gets in a funk now and then, but I have to agree that walking and sunshine have done her a world of good.  She's a mail carrier and walks 9 miles a day, rain or shine (and sometimes snow).  

I also change what I'm hooked on now and then ( but housecleaning isn't one of those things, much to my husband's dismay).  I crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbook, read and spend a lot of time on the computer.  Today I'm into baking...and tomorrow it may be canning all those pears I picked and peeled this week.  But then again, maybe not.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Aug 24 2012 10:42 PM

Such great news to have you back Mary, or rather not gone after all.  I was missing you.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Sat, Aug 25 2012 9:58 PM

Mary:
Couple of weeks ago I was ready to Thelma and Louise it off a cliff but don't live near the Grand Canyon

Mary I have been in a dark place for a few weeks & have just discovered this Third Day song which is out in the states in November, so the album will take a few extra weeks to get to us in Australia. What I'm trying to get to this song has spoken deeply to me & even the way I found out about it was a micrale in itself. I hope you listen to it & it blesses you greatly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmhNZkyGloc&feature=youtu.be

take care & God bless Clare xx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Good to see you back Mary.  I know there are some twisty roads up there in Tenn.  so don't go getting any wild ideas again.  :o)  Just reach out to us whenever you need a "fix". 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I'm doing much better. Depression is a difficult disease to deal with sometimes.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 10:28 AM

Amen to that quote about depression.  I am so glad you are feeling much better.   Ginny

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:07 PM

Mary, I've dealt with depression for years.  It can be hard to get out of bed sometimes, let alone socialize.  My doctor changed my meds earlier this year and it has made a big difference in my ability to function.  Something you may want to think about.  In the meantime, keep logging on often.  It always helps to be among friends.  Even those you're just getting to know.  Hugs, Donna in Oregon

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use