Jelly roll storage?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
26 Posts
Points 1,365
Cindy posted on Tue, Aug 21 2012 5:46 PM

I have a large collection of jelly rolls, but it looks more like a tangled mess.  Anyone have any ideas on how to store these strips in such a way they are easy to find when you need a certain color or print?

Cindy in nc

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,484 Posts
Points 43,625

I am a zip lock baggie fan.  I use them for everything

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
872 Posts
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 7:02 PM

How about from skirt hangers?  Or draped over a regular hanger.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• | Post Points: 0
Top 75 Contributor
1,518 Posts
Points 30,875
Diana replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 7:57 PM

I love storage containers of all kinds.  Gallon size glass jars would be a great way to store them and be able to see what was in it and a lid to keep them clean.  They have clear plastic containers as well that would serve the same thing.  I love to go up instead of out.  Tall and slender instead of spread out. 

Diana in East Tn. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,849 Posts
Points 85,825

I have a compartmented shoe holder that hangs from the closet pole. I have a different compartment for different colors. Works so great.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Female
45 Posts
Points 415

Maybe a wire clothes hanger and use clothes pins to pin several on a hanger. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,467 Posts
Points 416,899
gini replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 11:11 PM

they used to make racks  out of dowels that you could hang strips on.  i used it for my log cabin quilts.    its long since gone by the way , but i found it very useful at the time.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
721 Posts
Points 18,125

Have you considered a tie hanger?  Would be just about the right width, and you could store like colours on each arm.  I've heard it's best not to use plastic storage boxes/ jars especially if you live in a humid climate as mold can get in. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,592 Posts
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Aug 24 2012 7:53 PM

I use plastic containers and Ziploc bags all the time, but then, we don't know what humidity is here in Nevada.

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 35

I use the plastic containers that strawberries come in.  They are just the right size and are clear so that you can see what is in them.  The containers are also light weight and easily stacked.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,788 Posts
Points 122,730

LORETTAH-3:

I use the plastic containers that strawberries come in.  They are just the right size and are clear so that you can see what is in them.  The containers are also light weight and easily stacked.

Loretta, this is a great suggestion. Those clear shoe boxes only work for a short while and then it gets all discombobulated. I don't have wall space to hang things but I do have shelves and cubbies. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use