rated by 0 users
This post has 39 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,560
Points 23,665
Susie replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 12:16 PM

Marie:

Sukochi, I joined Pintrest but haven't figured out how to use it.  HELP!

Marie--Pinterest is just plain deadly...of course, it's designed to be the utlimate in time-wasting!  You can set up your own boards and then you can pin things to your boards.  It's kind of like a cyber-scrap book of things you like, projects to do, etc.  You can choose to "follow" people, which means you can see all of their boards & pins.  I was able to find Gini.  You can look for me, if you want: Susie Bradley   

I have a ton of boards set up.  I did download the Pin It button so that I can pin things from anywhere that alllows it.  Only once was I asked to remove a pin due to copyright issues.  I apologized and printed it myself.  Quilt in a Day has a Pinterest account, so you can pin her stuff as well.

Have fun with it!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 3,875
Gerie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:19 AM

Hi Frances, I'm on Pinterest too, but not enough. I'll try to explain a quick yet fun thing to make,here, to hang in a christmas tree, (or anywhere else you'ld like.) Make a pentagon template and cut out two pieces, in different colours of fabric. Sew them together, right sides together, with a little loop/ribbon in between. The loop sticks out just a little. Leave an opening on one side, to be able to turn the thing right side out. Close the gap. Fold the five corners in the direction of the middle, but not touching. Keep the folded points in their place by sewing a small seam allowance from the sides of the pentagon, keeping the points hanging loose. You should get a star appearing in the middle of the pentagon.

Have fun, Gerie.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:58 AM

Gerie, this sounds fantastic but I'm a visual person, do you have a picture you could share?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 1:02 PM

Hey Susie,

I looked for your name on Pinterest but it only brought up 1 person pictures and I don't think that is you so I quess I failed Pinterest 101. lol

Never mind, I gave it another try. I guess that is why they say..if at first you don't succeed try again. It must be true.

from TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,500
Points 48,045
Frances replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 1:05 PM

Thank you Gerie,

I will give it a whirl.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 689
Points 17,265

I'm going to make this casserole (or pie) carrier for several folks:

http://northerngirlboutique.blogspot.com/2010/11/recipe-gift-giving.html

And here's a site with many ideas, not just sewing/quilting

http://tipnut.com/category/crafts/

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:13 PM

Bev :
I quess I failed Pinterest 101

Bev, I failed as well.  I belong but I just don't know how to get around, dunce that I am.

Bev :
Never mind, I gave it another try. I guess that is why they say..if at first you don't succeed try again. It must be true.

Try as I might I can't get anywhere.  I've been trying to find Gini for awhile now with no luck.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 176,448
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:20 PM

BB thanks for the casserole carrier pattern site. 

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,367
Points 37,280
Linda replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 4:44 PM

Frances, try www.allfreesewing.com.  I've gotten a lot of patterns from there. Some from Etsy too.

Hugs,

Linda

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,500
Points 48,045
Frances replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 10:44 PM

Thank you Linda,

You are a star.

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 3 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use