rated by 0 users
This post has 39 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances Posted: Sat, Aug 18 2012 8:05 AM

Hi Everyone,

Okay does anyone have any ideas for quick Christmas presents, doesnt have to be patchwork although does need to be fairly simple because i am fairly simple, i thought some of you would have different ideas that we do not think of in England.

Any ideas greatly appreciated and of course i will make sure to notify Santa who has been Naughty and Nice.

Lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,889
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 8:09 AM

Frances  if you go to the Craftsy web site ,they have losts of great ideas you can look at. Carol  Waugh ,posted  a really cute holder for color pencils ,that is really easy  to make , but there are tons of ideas there.

Also check out the McCalls web site  they always have things to make . Just some things yo might try for ideas

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 8:14 AM

Thanks Barbara,

You are becoming my greatest asset, now if you can just finish my quilts off for me?

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 8:16 AM

Another site that is a go-to when a quick idea is needed....    www.favecrafts.com     Free patterns and lots of super easy crafts in quilting and others as well.    Happy Hunting.'

Diana in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,889
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 8:17 AM

OH Frances I'm so busy I can't even hardly get to mine,LOL  I just keep piling them on . 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 8:19 AM

Thanks Diana,

You are someone else who is becoming indespensible. I will check out the site.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 8:30 AM

Frances, has England hit the Pintrest rage? There are just all sorts of crafts, quilty ideas, decorating, recipes, clothing. Check it out. I get so many ideas from there. I would explain how it works but, while I have learned how to pin things to my boards, I couldn't explain it to another person. . Go to www.pintrest.com  It is so much fun and you find ideas you never through of with directions.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 8:32 AM

Thanks Sukochi,

I will have a look, by the way have you checked your messages.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 8:38 AM

Nope, but I will.

How does the Christmas season work in England?  I don't think I have ever understood it.

I was in England in '69. My grandmother took my Mom, sister and I on a European tour after I graduated from high school. We did the touristy things in London, went on a bus tour into Scotland. My fave was Stratford-upon-Avon (did I get that right?)  We went to a Shakespeare play. So awesome. Oh, and to Windsor, and Eton and all that. I would love to live in the English Countryside.  We were staying in a hotel around the corner from where Ringowas  getting married. I had no idea at the time that it was going on.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 9:00 AM

Sukochi,

Christmas season in England, well you start seeing Christmas cards in the shops anytime from now if you work in retail you are sick and tired of it by October, now i no longer work in retail i love it, people put up decorations 12 days before Christmas traditionally and take them down 12 days after its considered unlucky if you wait longer, Santa comes down the chimmney christmas eve to leave presents if youve been good. Christmas dinner traditionally is Roast Turkey, Roast potatoes, Sage and onion stuffing, Yorkshire puddings, and vegetables and for pudding its Christmas pudding or sometimes Mince pies.

Any of this you do not understand, let me know.

lots of love

Francesxx

ps Sukochi does this differ from how you celebrate.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,889
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 9:24 AM

Frances I coming to your house for Christmas dinner sound wonderful  ..If only I could ,,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 9:31 AM

Barbara,

Maybe at the Branson retreat, Sam could let me loose in the kitchen we could have a late Christmas dinner, i wonder what airport customs would think about me having a huge Christmas pudding in my luggage.

lots of love

Francesxx

PS ive already started making my Christmas Cards.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,889
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 9:39 AM

Oh I have not even gone there yet LOL  but maybe I will after all the retreat are done .I have the one next week then one in OCT. then my guild quilt show ,and then I'm free until March for the Branson Retreat .  I'm busy busy busy ..LOL Have a great holiday Frances ,and have lots of fun. wel will think about you while you are gone.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 9:39 AM

Frances:
Santa comes down the chimmney christmas eve to leave presents if youve been good. Christmas dinner traditionally is Roast Turkey, Roast potatoes, Sage and onion stuffing, Yorkshire puddings, and vegetables and for pudding its Christmas pudding or sometimes Mince pies.

That's what I remember from my childhood, although we had Father Christmas not Santa. And also my Mum made Christmas Cake with marzipan and royal icing.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 16,405
Zsofia replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 9:51 AM

Hi Everyone,

Okay does anyone have any ideas for quick Christmas presents, doesnt have to be patchwork although does need to be fairly simple because i am fairly simple, i thought some of you would have different ideas that we do not think of in England.

Any ideas greatly appreciated and of course i will make sure to notify Santa who has been Naughty and Nice.

Lots of love

Francesxx

Hi Frances - you should check out  tipnut.com. There are lots of sewing projects with free patterns. I love that site! From casserole carrier to coasters and kitchen stuff (hot pads, oven mitts) and anything in between.

Let me know how you like it :)

Zsofia

Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use