rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,805
Frances Posted: Sat, Aug 18 2012 6:00 AM

Hi Everyone,

Please can you help, My mum heard something on the radio, i believe there is an artist whose work has been turned into christmas figurines, she thinks his name starts with Tom (but dont count on it), and apparently his Grandmother was a quilter, so most of his work features a quilter or quilt, needless to say mum cant remember his name. Why im asking you he is American, and mum seems to think you ladies and gentlemen have all the answers.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 6:58 AM

Frances ,I'm sorry I don't know who this is ,but I will keep my eyes and ears open and if i find out I let you know , hopefully someone else here will .Good Luck. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 7:04 AM

Hi Frances,     The name is Jim Shore.  He has absolutely beautiful figures and everything is an association with a quilt.   You can see them at   www.jimshore.com     Enjoy them.  I have a few of his things and have given them to a great friend of mine as well.   Enjoy yourself and hope this is the one you're thinking of.

Diana in East Tn.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 7:19 AM

Diana you are so good, I knew someone would know .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 7:24 AM

There is even some fabric that has Jim Shore figures on it.  I have some, actually.....hehehe  

Diana in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 7:45 AM

Diana yes I did do a quick scan of his site, Looks like some pretty stuff,  I 'll hve to give  it a better look later, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,805
Frances replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 8:08 AM

Thank you Diana, this must have been what my mum heard, (Tom and Jim similar?), and thank you Barbara as you said someone would know the answer, as always you are all wonderful, God knows what i did before i found this site.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:51 AM

Gosh I saw the thread title and thought we had a zombie loose on the sight!

I'm glad you got your answer. Jim Shore does some really awesome art-work. I love his use of color.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Diana:

There is even some fabric that has Jim Shore figures on it.  I have some, actually.....hehehe  

Diana in East Tn.

Nooooo...seriously? You have some? Your stash is so small, who would have guessed? :D

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

By the way...you wouldn't want my brain...it's used! lol

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Mon, Aug 27 2012 10:36 AM

Hi Mary,    Yes, and have Diane Whalen fabric too.....hehehe    Are you trying to be a wise gal???lol

Hope you're starting to feel better.  My back is better but still cranky when I walk around too much in the s stores on that concrete.  I'm making grocery shopping trips more often but not so much to carry.  Run in and out is my motto.  Then the back doesn't get cranky.

We need to make arrangements for a lunch date out.  DH has dr. appt. on Friday but any other time is available.  Let  me know.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 168
Points 3,875
Gerie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 9:59 AM

Frances, thank you for asking that question, I had never heard of him, nor his work, it looks great. And Diana, thanks for your answer.

Gerie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:19 AM

Frances, I didn't read all the replies so may be repeating what someone else said - but I believe you are talking about Jim Shore.  Here is a link to his website -  I have collected his figurines for years just because of the quilts that are on them - I collect his cats, dogs, angels and SNOWMEN...lol

http://www.jimshore.com/content/

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:40 AM

Thea:
I collect his cats, dogs, angels and SNOWMEN.

Thea, have you seen the giant cat from Jim Shore. It is just beautiful. And very expensive, I would imagine.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 55

I just recieved one of his Angels.  It is so beautiful!!   It has a skirt that looks like a quilt and has my Birth Stone on it.  I got it from my Secret Pal in the Quilt Guild I belong to.  His work of Art is Great!!

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use