Top 10 Posters

Please help me help my grandmother (Signature)

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 140
htanis Posted: Fri, Aug 17 2012 1:50 PM

Dear all,

My name is Sonja. I live in the Netherlands, but I grew up in Texas. My parents moved there when I was only three years old. During our time there my grandparents often visited us, it is there when my grandmother first came in touch with quilting about 15 years ago. Ever since then she has improved her quilting skills and has made it one of her biggest hobbys. 

This February my grandfather passed away out of the blue, he was still in very good shape but suffered from an aortic abdominal aneurysm (AAA). It came as a shock to our family but especially to my grandmother who had been married to him over 55 years. Slowly she is to pick up the pieces and when I last saw I noticed that she was trying to other quilters to send over siggys to her so she could make a big quilt. It is the first time since my grandpa's death that I have seen her excited again. Unfortunately the quilting club isn't very big in Holland and she isn't receiving much response.

This is where I hope I can get your help. I do not know much about the quilting world or about siggy's. All I do is you could really help me out by sending a siggy to my grandmother.

The address is:

H. Tanis

Dirksdoensweg 14a

3253 AE Ouddorp

The Netherlands

I can guarantee you that she will return the favor but it will come as a  surprise to her if you send them because she does not know I am posting this. If you put your address in the envelope she will send you one back, I am sure of that.

Thank you all very much for your help.

Sonja

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use