Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam Posted: Wed, Aug 15 2012 1:39 PM

I use my digital camera to check my fabric choices. Somehow, seeing it in a small compact way is easier to envision the finished product. Here is an example:

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 86,340
Sukochi replied on Wed, Aug 15 2012 1:49 PM

I use my digital camera also. it is a invaluable tool when auditioning fabrics.  And, if you print the pictures as you go, it is a little bit of the history on the making of the quilt. Makes a nice addition, if made for a gift.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 152
Points 3,160
QDancer replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 7:38 PM

oo-oo...{hand raised}....me too. but I was using it for placement of blocks for a memory quilt and I laid out the photo blocks the way I wanted and didn't want to forget the arrangement!!  =)  and also for choosing colors for the other blocks.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,857
Thea replied on Tue, Aug 21 2012 7:46 PM

I started using my camera a long time ago - but I use it with black and white - lets me know the values of the fabrics - it made it a lot easier when I was making my Rose quilt and had all those fabrics that I wanted to use in gradients of value... looking at them in color you couldn't really tell but when I did it in black and white it made a lot of difference.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 4:22 PM

I used my color copier and felt like i was back in grade one!!  I just copied the fabric and  cut out the pieces made my block and taped it togeather   It worked really well for me.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 120
Points 2,155
Viki replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 4:28 PM

I've often thought of using my digital camera for this! I thought I was the only one who thought that way.  I think it's a great idea to do that instead of making color mistakes down the line and being unhappy with what you made.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Wed, Aug 22 2012 5:42 PM

I used my camera recently once I figured out how I wanted my Dresden Plate to look - I took a picture  so I wouldn't forget how I'd laid it out.  I've also used my camera to take pics of my 30's prints so I don't buy more of the same prints when I hit my LQS.  I have over 200 30's prints in my stash so sometimes I forget what I have.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.