rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:41 PM

Edith

Now  you have made me tired.  You ladies are going to have to quit working so hard and get back to important stuff .....like quilting ......  lol

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,050
Points 385,642
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 6 2010 11:19 PM

Edith:

.Days like this I wish I was a man.

Edith, even on a bad day I'll never wish to be a man. Women have it all and do it all.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 3,475
Tink922 replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:11 AM

Elizabeth, I love your rag quilt!

Before I lost my job my husband used to complain that I was always doing something around house, reading or working on some craft when I was home. Then I had the audacity to go to bed at 10 pm.When he accepted the job here in Ohio, the plan was I was going to stay in Chicago and keep working until our house was sold. I was laid off in July and very content to stay in Chicago, but he didn't see the point. Everyone thought that was so sweet that he missed me. When I got here, I was going to start looking for a job but he told me he wanted me to stay home for a while and 'rest'. Not to mention, if there was any running to the property to check on the builders during the day I would be available and he wouldn't have to worry about it. Recently I heard him tell friends, he doesn't want me to work because it nice to come home to a clean house, cooked meals and clean laundry. Not to mention, the shopping and errands are done, too. I told him I overheard that an he said he had a hard time keeping up with all of the household stuff and his new job. (Mind you, he lived in a 2 room apartment!) After 30 years of marriage, he's still clueless!!!

North Central Ohio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,757
Points 420,164
gini replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:26 AM

Tink922:
After 30 years of marriage, he's still clueless!!!
  we're working on forty years, but yes, they are.  gotta love 'em warts and all.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:41 AM

Judy

Unfortunately they stay clueless when it comes to some things.......

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:34 AM

Did you have batting?  did you make front and backs separate?  Come on dear frend tell us the details I looked,

did I milss all that info?

OOPS!  Your rag quilt is wonderful, I would like to make one.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 1,080
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Jan 28 2010 3:20 AM

I have just finished another quilt, the color strip quilt I started over three years ago and I will be sending the pictures tomorrow after hubby takes them.  I also finished several other items on and off while doing this one.  I will have many more to post soon and a special one designed by me and quilted by me for Valentines day.  It will be a lap quilt.  I am so used to sewing large, large quilts that a smaller quilt seems done to quickly for me.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 28 2010 10:37 AM

Elizabeth

I agree that when we do lap size quits they seem to go so fast after making kings and queens most of the time.  But it is nice to have a quick project once in awhile. Anxious to see pics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,180
Points 253,252
Thea replied on Thu, Jan 28 2010 4:17 PM

Men are from Mars... I love this one book and when I did it out I will give you the correct name but for now - it told me that although we both are similar we are so completely different - they thing in a really 2D world and we think in a 4D world... I used to get so upset with jay when something wasn't done just the way I knew he should be doing it... then I found he didn't remotely think that way so I now tell him exactly how I want something done - it gets done - we are both happier... it does get old though that evevytiime i ask him if he would wash the dishes that that means do the kitchen too... he is learning though...lol 21 years and counting - by the time we reach where Edith and Gini are I might have him trained...lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,757
Points 420,164
gini replied on Thu, Jan 28 2010 8:21 PM

oh thea, sam isn't trained. where did you get that idea.   gini

gini in north idaho

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.