Top 10 Posters

Southwestern Grandma's Flower Garden

Page 6 of 14 (198 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 197 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 623
Points 9,290
MaggieNae replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:41 AM

Even on the most scrappy projects, I like to keep some control.  I like the stripes.  They give a line for you eye to follow and show movement around the quilt.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:53 AM

Thanks Debbie, I need to get myself a magnifying glass for these.  Just remembered, I do have one that hangs around my neck, now to find it.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 12:08 PM

Marie:

Thanks Debbie, I need to get myself a magnifying glass for these.  Just remembered, I do have one that hangs around my neck, now to find it.

try round your neck

lots of love

francesxx

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 1:56 PM

Debbie-do:

Thank you Thank you Thank you everyone for your suggestions.  As usual, I'm overthinking/obsessing over this.  I've decided to go with scattered colors and make two lap quilts instead of one big one.  That way I can keep one and give one away or sell.  My right thumb and first two fingers are getting pretty thick skinned!

You're giving one away??  My address is ...............heehee

from TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:19 PM

Marie, thanks to one of my helper kitties I learned that using a very thin needle makes stitching much easier!  I'd left the needle (with a thread tail) I'd been using stuck into the paper in the thread spool next to my chair so I'd be ready to go when I parked for the evening.  Hopefully she didn't swallow it and hopefully no one steps on it before I find it.  There was another much thinner needle in the pincushion nearby so I gave it a try.  It's a pain threading since I'm using quilting thread and it has a little eye but the sewing is much faster than what I'd been using and I was able to get smaller stitches.

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:22 PM

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 5:38 AM

Debbie-do:

Marie, thanks to one of my helper kitties I learned that using a very thin needle makes stitching much easier!  I'd left the needle (with a thread tail) I'd been using stuck into the paper in the thread spool next to my chair so I'd be ready to go when I parked for the evening.  Hopefully she didn't swallow it and hopefully no one steps on it before I find it.  There was another much thinner needle in the pincushion nearby so I gave it a try.  It's a pain threading since I'm using quilting thread and it has a little eye but the sewing is much faster than what I'd been using and I was able to get smaller stitches.

Debbie,

Im not sure what needle i use, but i like a long needle for me that seems to work better.

lots of love

Francesxx

PS ive just decided to make some mug rugs for christmas presents using EPP, that should keep me out of trouble, Diamonds though not hexagons.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:40 AM

Debbie-do:

Thanks Debbie, I'll check the needle I'm using and make sure it's thin and long as Frances said.

BTW, I'm always dropping needles on my carpeted LR, a good flash light always helps me find them, day or night.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 12:34 PM

BTW, I'm always dropping needles on my carpeted LR, a good flash light always helps me find them, day or night.

Marie,

And there was me thinking you just used the flashlight for peering outside to check if there are any hunks hanging around.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 1:41 PM

Frances:

Marie,

And there was me thinking you just used the flashlight for peering outside to check if there are any hunks hanging around.

That's why it's there in the first place, Frances  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655

Marie:

Frances:

Marie,

That's why it's there in the first place, Frances  :  )

LOL  

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655

Row one is done!!  The background hexies are all the same color, some look funny because the print from the card stock is showing through. At this point it's 46" from side to side.

This process is addicting!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070

Debbie, very well done and so pretty

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 7:25 PM

Your hexies are very pretty, Debbie, what size are you making?

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655

Thank you for the compliments!

Marie, the fabric hexies have 2" sides, the papers have 1 1/2" sides.  The flower ends up being 7 1/2" from top to bottom.

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 6 of 14 (198 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use