Easy pattern for a new quilter

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
20 Posts
Points 225
bixler posted on Sun, Aug 5 2012 6:19 PM

Hi,

I am new to quilting.  I have taken 3 beginners classes and I feel ready to attempt a queen size quilt.  What would be the easiest pattern for me to try?  I thought at first a log cabin pattern but now I thing a turning twenty quilt may be easy.  Perhaps in fall fabrics?  If anyone could give me advice I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sandy

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,741 Posts
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 6:28 PM

Sandy

The turning twenty patterns are easy and make beautiful quilts.   Log cabins are fairly easy as long as you can keep consistent seams.  Another easy one is the 9 patch and the brick road patterns.  Just have fun and enjoy the journey

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,770 Posts
Points 66,013

Those are both good quilts to make.  One of my first quilts was Eleanor Burns's trip around the world.  She also has a quick trip pattern that is a little easier.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
9 Posts
Points 150

I will have to try these... Thanks....

Sharon

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Points 225

Thank you Nana;

What would you think about the turning twenty pattern in fall batik colors?  I have seen the disappearing 9 patch patterns that look easy and I just looked up a brick road pattern.  Thank you so much for the reply! 

By the way, how long have you been making quilts?

Sandy

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Points 225

Hi Jeanine,

Thank you for your reply.  I wil have to see what this trip around the world pattern looks like.  I am leaning towards the turning twenty in fall batik colors.  However, all of these easy patterns will give me experience!

Sandy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,741 Posts
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 10:47 PM

Sandy

I have been quilting for about 10 yrs.   The turning twenty patterns are beautiful with any fabric and color combinations that you like.   I personally love anything made from batiks.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use