rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 895
Jennifer Posted: Fri, Aug 3 2012 7:30 PM

Hello,

My name is Jen and I just joined QCA and I'm very excited! I live in Rockford, Illinois, but I am originally from Attica, NY. I live with my husband and two cats. I am an addictions counselor at a local agency and I am working on my counselor certification/credential.

I have been quilting for about 5 years, with a 2 year hiatus after a car accident that broke my arm. I've made about 15 finished projects, many more in progress! I love fabric and I have quite the stash that I love to look at and fantasize about what to do with it someday! Now that I am done with my Master's degree, I am looking forward to actually quilting again! 

I'm looking forward to learning a lot here, because I have a lot to learn!

Jen

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Hi Jen, welcome to the site

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 7:47 PM

Hi Jen,

Welcome! I think there are a few of us that have addiction problems here. Fabriholics, Quilt Addictions, Sewing Machine addictions, etc. LOL ;D I know where Attica, NY is as I live in Western NY. You will enjoy the people here.

Bonnie B Western, NY

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 895

Hi Bonnie,

May I ask from where in WNY? I miss my home terribly! 

I haven't yet admitted that I am powerless over fabric and that my life has become unmanageable, so I guess I'm good. :)

Jen

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Jennifer:

I haven't yet admitted that I am powerless over fabric and that my life has become unmanageable, so I guess I'm good. :)

Jen

Hi Jen. Welcome to this wonderful site. I am not addicted to fabric, but my husband says I'm a hoarder. I don't think I have a hoarding or addition problem. I just like fabric. I really, really like fabric. Oh, did I mention, I like fabric. LOL

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,883
Points 367,042
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 3 2012 11:40 PM

Welcome Jen.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Welcome, Jen. Hope you enjoy this site.

BTW, Kris, are you still on here? I have a question for you. My sister won a certificate for a free membership on QCA, and after 8 weeks she finally got her membership. However, she says that she received a user ID but was told to use her current password. Well, she can't log on without a password. So what should she do? Can you help, my dear computer wiz friend????

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,883
Points 367,042
Kris replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 12:43 AM

Elaine,

on the sign-in page there is a "forgot password" option. she can click there. The password or a link to reset it should be sent in email.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Thanks so much for your help, Kris. I knew my bestie friend from VB would be able to help me. My sister thanks you, too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 1:36 AM

Welcome Jen.

Oh no ladies we may be in trouble.  Jen is an addiction counselor and you know that we are all addicted to quilting, fabric, notions, QCA, and all things quilting related.   I guess we had better inform Jen right up front that none of us are willing to have an intervention.   And maybe if she sticks around she will have all the same addictions as the rest of use.

Hope you enjoy your time with us and realize that most of us are nuts....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 6:17 AM

Hi Jen,

I am from a little town called Falconer. It is about 56 mi SE of Buffalo, NY.  I live out in the country. My therapy is my embroidery and quilting. LOL You will enjoy this place. There are so many wonderful people here. Lots of info, help and laughter.

Bonnie B

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 8:46 AM

Welcome Jen, enjoy and promise you won't be hard on our addiction to quilting and QCA.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcone to the group Jen.

Margaret

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 5:55 PM

Welcome, Jen. Hope you have a great time here with us.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 47
Points 1,780
Lindy replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 7:50 PM

Welcome Jen, hope we can help if have any questions.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use