Pucker Problem?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
47 Posts
Points 1,780
Lindy posted on Thu, Aug 2 2012 6:38 PM

So I'm hand quilting these blankets to donate and I'm using cotton fabric tops with fleece backing. I laid it out of the carpet to pen it down when I started quilting I turned it over to check it and there were all these puckers in some spots. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA No, so should I take the spots out that are puckered or leave them. To me some of the spots don't look that bad but others I feel if I don't take them out the people that get them might think I didn't care to fix them, What do I do, suggestions please.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,545 Posts
Points 417,024
Answered (Verified) gini replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 6:43 PM
Verified by Lindy

gee whiz, i don't know what i would do.   is it the fleece that's puckered?  it's going to be hard to get those stitches out.   how hard is it to hand quilt fleece?   can you smoothe the fabric along to get it to pucker less.   you may get  a little less pucker  if you spread it out ,   with the hand quilting.   good luck

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 40

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,545 Posts
Points 417,024
Answered (Verified) gini replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 6:43 PM
Verified by Lindy

gee whiz, i don't know what i would do.   is it the fleece that's puckered?  it's going to be hard to get those stitches out.   how hard is it to hand quilt fleece?   can you smoothe the fabric along to get it to pucker less.   you may get  a little less pucker  if you spread it out ,   with the hand quilting.   good luck

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 40
Not Ranked
Female
47 Posts
Points 1,780
Lindy replied on Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:27 PM

It wasn't to hard to quilt through I just used a bigger needle, but I decided to take out the stitches that were making the quit pucker. I put my iron on at least 5 and ironed were it was puckering up at the back. After that I was able to fix it and go back to quilting, I'm glad it was near the bottom of the quilt and not the middle.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,545 Posts
Points 417,024
gini replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 9:18 PM

i'm glad you were able to fix it so easily, relatively speaking.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use