rated by 0 users
This post has 53 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,563
Points 48,785
Frances replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 10:50 PM

Hi Zsofia,

If you type in a search on Pattern Birds in the air it should come up, Im English paper piecing the blocks its easier for me, im going to use my silk thread that i have that i use on my applique, it should be durable enough for use and i will probably just use normal cotton quilt backing.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,563
Points 48,785
Frances replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 10:51 PM

Kris:

Nice group of ties Frances. I really like the blue one.

Thanks Kris,

Its keeping me out of trouble.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 664
Points 16,545
Zsofia replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 7:50 PM

Frances:

Hi Zsofia,

If you type in a search on Pattern Birds in the air it should come up, Im English paper piecing the blocks its easier for me, im going to use my silk thread that i have that i use on my applique, it should be durable enough for use and i will probably just use normal cotton quilt backing.

lots of love

Francesxx

Oh wow hand piecing.. wish you lots of luck to get the blocks done.

Zsofia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,563
Points 48,785
Frances replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 11:06 PM

Ramona:

Frances,

Lots of variety there in the ties. Looks like you've had your hands around a few necks to get that many ties. LOL

Ramona,

Not quite, but i find now when i talk to any of the guys and my eyes stray to there tie, they instantly put there hand protectively on there tie and say you cant have it its new, i dont even have to ask the question.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,563
Points 48,785
Frances replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 11:29 PM

UPDATE

Well everyone heres the update i started to do the blocks but because its slippy slidey it would not play, and i was getting more frustrated every minute but thanks to Zsofia i now have a solution, Zsofia had read an article which said they used muslin foundation with a silk quilt, and i remembered somewhere seeing printed foundation blocks so i have ordered some uneven log cabin foundation blocks, its not the design that i intended but it may help me get this one done the Birds in the Air design i will do later but out of cotton fabrics..... by the way this will be my only silk quilt ever.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,492
Points 39,285
Linda replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 5:12 AM

Frances, perhaps if we could see some photos we could judge for ourselves. You know you can be your own worst critic. I do agree silk is difficult to work with, but you could be doing  a better job than you give yourself credit for. I agree you are crazy if you try it again. lol

Many, many hugs,

Linda

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,855
Points 181,538
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:13 AM

Frances:
by the way this will be my only silk quilt ever

Frances, I feel the same way about 1/2" hexies!  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,931
Points 383,357
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:45 AM

Thanks for the update Frances. I'm glad you were able to come up with a fix so you don't feel like giving up altogether. I'm sure it will look great in the end.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 2,085
Caryl replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 10:41 AM

Your not crazy, just a little demented!  It's a wonderful idea and I know you will love it and the feeling of helping someone else when it's done.   When I am making  quilts for another group or individual I find myself thinking of them and giving small prayers as I go along with the quilt top.  It just seems to personalize it more and make it seem worthwhile when I'm stuck or just tired.

Bless you in your endeavor,

Caryl in Buda TX

Page 4 of 4 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use