Top 10 Posters

Blue Water Soluble Marker won't all come out - Help!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
37 Posts
Points 275
Duane Wiley posted on Thu, Jul 19 2012 11:11 PM

I used a blue water soluble  marking pen by Clover.  When I wet the marks, they came out but then some came back and I have have wet them all again and still some of the marks come back.  I have not done anything except put water on the fabric and let it air dry.  

Does anybody have any advice about what else I can do to get these marks off?  Really appreciate the help and advice.  Thanks!

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,186 Posts
Points 15,875

Duane, I used that on my applique pieces and tried every remedy I and others could think of , with no results . I will never use the blue again. Maybe someone else has an answer for you.   Susan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
302 Posts
Points 6,825
didash replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 3:04 AM

I had to do it about 4 times with a recent quilt. Make sure you use plenty of water. I also rubbed GENTLY with a damp sponge on the 4th time.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

Ladies try using the new Frixion pens , they iron off. I use them for everything. Sorry ,I don't know wht to tell you on the blue marker ;but I'm sure someone here will .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
11,650 Posts
Points 135,977

sometimes I have to use ice, to get them all out

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,239 Posts
Points 239,682
Thea replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 8:30 AM

Leslie - I was trying to think what it was that we used to figure this problem out as we hear of this over and over with these pens.  I think you have to be more stubborn - but I have heard of these marks coming back months after use when the quilt got in sunlight - I do think though that it was found if you wet them completely and then iced the area that that did help but not sure if it was a complete success.  

I do hope that you have success though - like Barbara said - I recommend the new pens that iron off - they come in all colors and i love them - I use them for all my marking - and for quilting I sometimes still use the chalk as I don't have to worry about getting rid of either... 

Not Ranked
Female
37 Posts
Points 275

Thanks for that idea!  I will try it today as I am down to the wire and need to get this done!  

Not Ranked
Female
37 Posts
Points 275

I bought one of those Frixion pens but haven't tried it yet.  Will next time though!  Thanks for the response!  

Duane

• | Post Points: 20
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use