rated by 0 users
This post has 39 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Wed, Jul 18 2012 2:31 PM

MaxNTopeka:

I wonder how Eeyore would look done up like an Indian Pony?  Feathers in his mane and tail, red hand print on his rump, war paint marks on his nose?

Max

I LOVE this idea!  I had to send it to my brother to see what he thinks of it.  Of course, that means I have to do more applique...and I'm kind of scared of feathers.  But we'll see what he comes back with.  He's kind of corny, so it may just work.

I'll have to hunt down the fabric, though.  Been a long time since I've looked for licensed prints.  Could be fun!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Susie,

How big does Eeyore need to be in the quilt you have planned?

THere are some counted-cross stitch patterns of Eeyore that are really cute. Do a search on Amazon and they should come up. 

tried to send you a link, but got a message about the moderator needing to review it. ??

Anyway, you could also go to www dot eeyorespatch dot co dot uk  (web link is giving me trouble this afternoon! They have some coloring book pages of Eeyore you can print out (and color if you like).  I was thinking maybe you could use them for an applique pattern, then add the extras like feathers by embroidery.

These are just some thoughts in case you can't find Eeyore fabric.

Max

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Wed, Jul 18 2012 4:01 PM

Max--I can see that I'm going to have to do the applique.  I was leaning towards that anyway, but now it's pretty definite.

Richard--the Indians is from his wife.  And I am determined to NOT make it a two-sided quilt.  I didn't want them fighting over who gets to use it.  But I was thinking about something like a family crest where one side is the Eeyore for him, and one side the Indians for her.

Soooo many ideas!  I knew everyone would help me out.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jul 18 2012 8:23 PM

Marie:
Nancy as long as they are younger than I or young at heart they're fair game.  Tell me a little bit about him?

He just turned 60 and works as fleet manager for Gentle Giant Movers.  His hobby is biking around Boston taking pictures of people, buildings, gardens, etc, which he shares with his online friends in a photography forum (sort of like QCA). I could casually send him a picture of my quilting friend in MA (should I use the bikini pic?) and see if he reacts.  He may not be hunky enough for you, though.  He's tall, if that helps.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 8:04 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

MaxNTopeka:

I wonder how Eeyore would look done up like an Indian Pony?  Feathers in his mane and tail, red hand print on his rump, war paint marks on his nose?

Max 

Max, your mind must be in constant motion; you come up with the best ideas.

I agree, great idea.  That would go over very well here.  I always get a kick at the Indian Encampment here of the cartoon characters that appear in the native costumes of the kids.   This idea would go over very well.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,610
Points 178,498
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 10:35 AM

MNnancy:
He just turned 60 and works as fleet manager for Gentle Giant Movers.  His hobby is biking around Boston taking pictures of people, buildings, gardens, etc, which he shares with his online friends in a photography forum (sort of like QCA). I could casually send him a picture of my quilting friend in MA (should I use the bikini pic?) and see if he reacts.  He may not be hunky enough for you, though.  He's tall, if that helps.

Hell, I'd be robbing the cradle at 60!   Presented with the prospect, I'm running now!  Did you guess that of me?  Although it would be interesting to see what he'd say about a short, fat, old lady in a bikini.  : )   What do you think?  Does he have great legs?  Sorry Randy.  : (

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 7:58 AM

"Eeyore appears in chapters 4, 6, 8, and 10 of Winnie-the-Pooh, and is mentioned in a few others. He also appears in all the chapters of The House at Pooh Corner except chapter 7.

Physically, Eeyore is described as an "old grey donkey.""

I would not want anyone mislead into thinking the goofy blue critter with a silly pink bow is the real deal.

The original is grey, as most originals are.

I would not ordinarily quibble or protest, you know me, be this is important. Look at all these words people have spouted!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 1,455

How funny to look down at my t shirt while I am reading this thread...there's Eyore and Pooh. I have three or four t shirts with my favorite characters ...and pj bottoms!! Haven't even finished reading further ahead in this thread... Just laffed at this

Jeannie in FA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 895

Hi Susie,

I'm late to the party on this post, and I'm not sure if others have had my suggestion, but could you use Eeyore colors and make a dream-catcher type quilt out of that? That way, it would have the flavor of each and still look very nice. Good luck! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Jen

Page 3 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use