Thank you Kris. Such kind words.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Mz M:

Your work is AMAZING! I would love to make that quilt but lack the talent and skills.

Thanks Mz M. No talent or skills needed.  Really.   Just the willingness to be completely consumed by the blocks to the exclusion of everything else. Hubby, dogs, cats, kids, grandkids, cooking, cleaning, sleeping..................

So, go for it. So what if it's not perfect. Mine isn't. All kinds of Oops and a few %$#*&@

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 710

Very cool, Judy!!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 150

Judy,

Could you tell me where you got the Harry Potter paper piecing pattern?

Thanks,

maryellen Pancotti

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 11:30 PM

maryellen,   fandom in stitches is where the  patterns are.   if you go the the group here, paper piecing group, you will find a lot more info.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,446
Points 361,712
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965

Judy,

Finished?!?!!  I am so happy for you!!  What are you going to do in your spare time now?  You will miss working on this quilt!  You've still got a couple of weeks...you could hand embroidery a few more little details on it if you hurry.

Just spent a while drooling over the picture...it's amazing! LOVE IT!!   You really did a marvelous job with the quilting...all the little details like the vapors coming off the bottles, smoke from the dragon, the spider and web, and love the H P you worked into the background! They are wonderful! 

The bookcase really turned out nice! Love the legs and crested top! Looks perfect! 

I can't imagine the judges won't be blown away by this quilt!  Fingers crossed for the big purple best of show ribbon for you.

I'm still plugging away on mine...doing book titles now. I'm happy with them, but they are taking FOREVER!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Judy, you have created a masterpiece which you can be proud of forever.  I can't wait to hear what the judges have to say about it at the fair.

I imagine a letdown of sorts for you.  I know that when I complete a major project such as this [and I have not done anything quite to this level], when it is done I feel almost sad. 

So what will you do next?  Whatever it is, I am sure that it will be stunning.

Darlene

from Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Hi Max. Where have you been?  You've been very quiet lately. 

Thanks for nice comments.  I do wish I could do the quilting over. As I look at it I have lots of ideas that would have been fun to do. But I'm so glad I'm finished and will have more time for the other quilts that have been patiently waiting for my attention. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

Darlene:

So what will you do next?  Whatever it is, I am sure that it will be stunning.

Thanks Darlene. I have bunches of half finished projects that I've been working on. Then, just this morning, I got an email from my sister in law that her 14 year old dog had died. She's single, has no kids and this dog was her child. I know she is devastated. I've pulled out a Dachshund pattern and will put together a simple lap quilt for her. I hope to get it off to her by the end of this week.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,285
MizPat replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 10:22 AM

Mz M:

Your work is AMAZING! I would love to make that quilt but lack the talent and skills.

Do what Judy did, jump in with both feet and two blind eyes.  That's what I'm going to do in the next few weeks.  I'm going to start with some of the easier blocks (books etc.) and work my way up to Scabbers, since I read the posts about what a fight he put up against being created.  Look at Zsofia's and Judy's finished projects for inspiration, but, like everything else, it takes a lot of practice to get to "pretty good" and a whole lot more to get to "fantastic"!  Join all of us and shoot for fantastic, and post your progress along the way.

Above all, HAVE FUN!

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 11:14 AM

Judy,

Since you have so many 'unused' quilting ideas, I'll be glad to send you my top to quilt when it is finished!  By then you should be recovered from your HP, and itching to do anyother one. Have you seen the new dragon on the sewhooked website?  Very nice...I can just see him crawling out from behind a book!

Low energy + hand/back pain = determining what is most important to get done...sadly keyboarding has been low on list lately. But I have been checking daily for progress report on your quilt. Knew the time was getting close for you to finish. I was NOT disappointed!!  Now I have something to set my sights on.  Don't forget to send a photo to Jennifer O. at fandom. She will be so pleased at what you have done with her patterns!

Max

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 150

Hi Ladies,

Where did everyone get the fabric for the Harry Potter quilt? Is there a Harry Potter collection, I don't know about?

Maryellen IN MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

maryellenpancotti:

Hi Ladies,

Where did everyone get the fabric for the Harry Potter quilt? Is there a Harry Potter collection, I don't know about?

Maryellen IN MA

Maryellen

I just used what was in my stash plus I did purchase a few fat quarters now and then when I needed a different fabric such as a mystical pattern.  I didn't have any Harry Potter fabric.  You can find Harry Potter fabric online at eBay and perhaps other places also. It's out of print so I don't think you'll find it at quilt shops.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

MaxNTopeka:

Since you have so many 'unused' quilting ideas, I'll be glad to send you my top to quilt when it is finished!  By then you should be recovered from your HP, and itching to do anyother one. Have you seen the new dragon on the sewhooked website?  Very nice...I can just see him crawling out from behind a book!

Ah, Max, I think I'll let you have the pleasure of finishing your own quilts!  (LOL). No, I haven't seen the new dragon. I looked on sewhooked but didn't see it. Maybe I could applique something on the back or the border. Aaarrgh, NO. I have to leave it alone. Besides, my applique skills are non existent!

Page 2 of 4 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use