Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 110
Camilla Hunter Posted: Thu, Jul 5 2012 1:13 PM

I use zip-lock bags to store charms, layer cakes, jelly rolls and fat quarters.  They can be used over and over and come in several sizes! 

When cutting the pieces for a project, I label and put each cut(s) in a sandwhich bag & then put them all in a extra large zip-lock.  When the pattern calls for a certain piece, it is all labeled and easy to pick!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 5:52 PM

I just realized yesterday, that the new snack sized ziploc bags are the perfect size for fat eighths.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 6:20 PM

and the 2 gallon bags are great for big projects, i use these a lot

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260
Darlene replied on Tue, Jul 10 2012 12:17 AM

cchunter:

I use zip-lock bags to store charms, layer cakes, jelly rolls and fat quarters.  They can be used over and over and come in several sizes! 

When cutting the pieces for a project, I label and put each cut(s) in a sandwhich bag & then put them all in a extra large zip-lock.  When the pattern calls for a certain piece, it is all labeled and easy to pick!

cchunter, I use "post its" in the bags when cutting pieces for a pattern to make it easy to read which piece it is and make it reusable.

Thanks for sharing and welcome.

Darlene

from Western New York

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 10 2012 12:27 AM

I use ziploc bags for numerous storage needs.  They are a great invention.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 5
Jenn replied on Sun, Jul 22 2012 11:22 AM

This is great! I do this all the time to keep myself organized. The quilt I was working on for my dad had small borders of different sizes and having them in labeled quart sized bags helped me alot! thanks!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 385

Hi!  I love the 2 1/2 gallon size zip lock bags for both quilting and knitting projects!  But finding them can some times be fun too!  I store blocks in them, and small projects that I can grab if going someplace that I have time to sit and wait.  One of my   grandkids call me the queen of zip lock bags.

54490-238-82709ACF8509E3BC1FOCFDB04EA66E

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use