Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 28 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 388
Points 6,665
Phyllis Posted: Wed, Jul 4 2012 10:35 PM

I am a huge fan of the Kansas Troubles line of fabric.  The prints and colors always seem to call my name when I'm near them.  Of course my being from the great state of Kansas might have a little to do with that. So.......I would love to build my stash of this fabric and wondered if anyone else loved this line and if anyone might be interested in doing a fabric swap for Kansas Troubles fabric in the future.  I would be willing to host it if people are interested.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jul 4 2012 10:38 PM

Phyllis, I'm am , thanks .barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 4 2012 11:02 PM

Phyllis

I would love to do a swap with you but I am not into Kansas Troubles.  Maybe another swap I will be able to participate with you.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Wed, Jul 4 2012 11:31 PM

Phyllis, count me in

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 7:43 AM

BOO HOO! I just can't do anymore swaps this year. I LOVE Kansas Troubles. And our fellow member Ira Jane Johnson, the quiet one of us IS Kansas Troubles. She has collected and made quilts from it for many years. I will let her know.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 335

I haven't done this before but would love to join this swap.  What are you thinking for size pieces, etc...?  I love Kansas Troubles and have no idea how many quilts, wallhangings, tablerunners and the like I have done.  Please include me.

Ira

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 388
Points 6,665
Phyllis replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 8:01 AM

Oohh, like your list of what all you have done in this line.  I'm kind of a new quilter and haven't done much except baby quilts and lap quilts.  I really like the idea of a table runner.  I would dearly love to have a KT table runner.  What size fabric would you suggest for table runner?

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Phyllis, you may want to consider a layer cake, 10" squares. It would allow you to cut smaller or use as is. Oh, also did you know there is a group of Civil War and Kansas Troubles fabrics? I am a member of that too and really love it. It's called Parasols and ????. Sorry can't remember the second part :\ But it is a laid back group. Very relaxing. Melody

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 9:18 AM

Melody parasols and fabric,is the name of the group. Phyllis and anyone who love this type of fabric are welcome to join us . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 9:33 AM

Ira has done all kinds of table runners.

I am answering for her because her niece is coming today to get help with a quilt she is making or some such thing. I am sure Ira will get back to you ASAP. You should friend her on Facebook, she has so many pictures of her work there. It will blow you away. You might not even need to friend her to see her pictures. Check it out.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,558
Points 23,625
Susie replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 9:36 AM

I have to say that I have no idea what Kansas Trouble fabric is.  So, I had to look it up!  After looking it up, I'm still a little confused.

If I ask at my LQS, will they know what I'm talking about?  If so, please count me in. 

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 10:00 AM

Susie ,yes they will , this fabric was started to represent the women of the 1850 and 60,in their problems on settleing in the Kansas and great plains area of the country, It looks very similar to some of the civil war fabric and is often used in the making of quilts. It is a really pretty fabric and comes in many beautiful patterns and colors. You can look up these on google images and get a good idea as to what this fabirc looks like .I think you'll like it ..barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 335

If we do layer cakes, we'll just be sending each other the same ones.  I personally would rather do fat quarters or some cut where we could get a selection. 

For instance, I really enjoy the background golds, whether light or dark. Each of us wouild have favorite colors.  I like the reds and blues.  Something like that would work well for me.  Ira

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 10:15 AM

Yeah Fat quaters would be nice ,that would give us a better variety.barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use