rated by 0 users
This post has 77 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 12:52 AM

MNnancy:
 I'm surprised I'm still allowed in this club.  I feel like I talk about, read about, dream about quilts more than I actually work on them.

And how many quilts have I finished lately? I keep saying I need to finish something before I start the next thing. Not happening. LOL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 12:53 AM

Prairie Dog:
We are taking a small detour so I can unvow myself.  

Oh have a fun unvowing. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,438
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 9:31 AM

Kris:
MNnancy:
 I'm surprised I'm still allowed in this club.  I feel like I talk about, read about, dream about quilts more than I actually work on them.

Kris:
And how many quilts have I finished lately? I keep saying I need to finish something before I start the next thing. Not happening. LOL

I'm jumping onto this bandwagon as well!  I've been basically sitting in front of this computer in my nice air conditioned room visiting and "talking" with y'all.  My favorite thing to do.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 9:45 AM

Marie:
I've been basically sitting in front of this computer in my nice air conditioned room visiting and "talking" with y'all.  My favorite thing to do.

It is fun!

Francis, I really like your footprint fabric, too, (where was that when we were working on VB quilts?) and when you said "Makower," I checked in my sewing room because I thought I remembered slicing into some Makower just the other day.  Hey, it's made in the UK!!!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 9:54 AM

Darlene:
We all get distracted.  Just some more than others at times.

The computer is definitely a distraction, but also an inspiration.  The rest are obligations.  I have to figure out how to un-obligate myself, but I feel selfish if I say, "No, I want to stay home and quilt."  I wish I was more of a night person.  I think I could get a lot done after 9 pm if I had any energy at that point.  I envy some of you!  What's the secret - energy drinks???  :-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 1:23 PM

MNnancy:

Darlene:

The computer is definitely a distraction, but also an inspiration.  The rest are obligations.  I have to figure out how to un-obligate myself, but I feel selfish if I say, "No, I want to stay home and quilt."  I wish I was more of a night person.  I think I could get a lot done after 9 pm if I had any energy at that point.  I envy some of you!  What's the secret - energy drinks???  :-)

Nancy,

Im not a night time person either, but i am an early morning person, i am normally up at about 4.30am i get lots done after ive had my first cup of coffee (have to have that first).

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Prairie Dog:
Does anyone know how big Hancock's of Paducah is and realistically how much time I should allow for browsing and picking fabric for 2 quilts?
PD I was talking to a customer at the shop yesterday.  She has been to Hancock's several times and told me the place is HUGE!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 8:48 PM

According to their website Hancock's is 60,000 square feet.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,200

MNnancy:

Darlene:

Nancy, I am with you about the un-obligating myself.  I keep saying I am going to back away from this or that but can't bring myself to say no to anyone other than DH and DS.

I tend to be a night person but some nights it is a challenge to make it to 9 PM.  I am at the point where I sew when I am able.  Some evenings I sleep for a couple hours and then get up and sew during the middle of the night.  Lucky I can do that but it makes a mess of any kind of schedule.

No energy drinks here.  Just heavy on the caffeine in the form of iced tea or hot tea.  Black nothing but tea in my tea.  And the stronger the better.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Thu, Jul 19 2012 11:21 PM

MNnancy:
I think I could get a lot done after 9 pm if I had any energy at that point.  I envy some of you!  What's the secret - energy drinks???  :-)

Insomnia and chronic pain.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 12:55 PM

MNnancy:

I wish I was more of a night person.  I think I could get a lot done after 9 pm if I had any energy at that point.  I envy some of you!  What's the secret - energy drinks???  :-)

Twenty years of working night shift....messes up the old clock for life.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,200

Nana:

Too true Nana.  I didn't do it for that long but long enough to know my body's clock will never be the same.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 8:22 PM

Kris:
Insomnia and chronic pain.

Nana:

Oh my gosh, you two, I guess I'll be happy with being a slow quilter who sleeps at night!  No more complaining from me....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 8:30 PM

Prairie Dog:

Does anyone know how big Hancock's of Paducah is and realistically how much time I should allow for browsing and picking fabric for 2 quilts?

it horrendously large and not easy to shop, at least it wasn't for me.   you can always shop for fabric nearly anywhere, save your money and take your husband to the quilt museum, get there early and the docents have time to walk with you and talk about the quilts.   sam has been there twice with me and loves it.

if i haven't talked you out of hancocks, it will take you an hour to orient yourself and  find the fabric lines you want.  then if i were picking fabrics for quilts, it would take me at least an hour a quilt, maybe more.   it's spread out, the fabric is all at waist level so you have to go up and down each aisle.  i bet the air conditioner isn't that great there.  skip this and go to the museum.

there is a yummy ice cream shop right across the street from the museum,  promise hubby an ice cream if he is good in the museum.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Fri, Jul 20 2012 8:35 PM

MNnancy:
!  I'm surprised I'm still allowed in this club.  I feel like I talk about, read about, dream about quilts more than I actually work on them.

every group has it doers and talkers, and we know which group we firmly belong to.  here i am, waiting for my room to cool, putting off quilting. a quilt that needs to be finished in less thean two weeks.   

gini in north idaho

Page 5 of 6 (78 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use