This post has 77 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sat, Jul 7 2012 1:48 AM

Kris:

Diana:
I'm just running out of room.....HELP!!!!!! 

Should I send you my address? LOL

Kris,

Dont worry, save you the inconvenience of taking it i will offer my home to relieve Diana of her stash.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sat, Jul 7 2012 1:50 AM

gini:

frances, you have found some beautiful fabrics.  i have been looking for a butterfly just that color of blue,   can you give me the name of the fabric?

Gini,

The fabric is by Wilmington Prints and the design is Fluttering Wings and Colorful things.

Hope that helps.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Sat, Jul 7 2012 1:55 AM

thanks frances

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sat, Jul 7 2012 1:55 AM

Susie:

Diana--Post pictures here of your fabric that you aren't really attached to...maybe it will be just what someone else is looking for :)

I am always on the lookout for fabrics to fill in on projects that I've got partly planned.  That's why I like the footprint fabric Frances showed.  It would go superbly with one of my quilts that I'm really struggling to find a border/backing for.

Susie,

The footprints fabric is by Makower and is called Footprints, and i really like it as well (God knows what i will use it for, and when hes worked it out perhaps he will tell me.)

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sat, Jul 7 2012 2:48 AM

Frances and Kris - you both got some beautiful fabrics for your stash.  Looking forward to seeing them in projects.  Have fun.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Sat, Jul 7 2012 11:39 AM

Marge P. That might be a long time coming from me. LOL.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sat, Jul 7 2012 10:07 PM

Marge,

Whatever Kris's timeframe is double it before you see anything from me, i am slower than a tortoise.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Diana:
I just decided that no more fabric budget for me.....

Diana, I know exactly what you are saying and I hope to have the same resolution hold for me as well.

Last week was a totally horrible week for me and yesterday I was in need of some retail therapy.  DH told me to go to JoAnns for coupon commotion and I did.

Can't post because my camera and I am fighting right now but I did get some great fabrics.  They had just moved some quilter's showcase to clearance so I had to get those.  I found some great red tags which fit into some plans for the near future and some great things which fill in my stash to allow me to complete projects in my head.  Now I just need to make them happen in real life.

Stick to the no fabric budget and get busy.  You can do it.  I have seen how quickly you can produce when you put your mind to it.

In the event that you do decide to hold a sale, I would probably be willing to expand my stash even though I just typed that I am not going to buy anything else.

Good luck.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 7:50 AM

Frances:
Whatever Kris's timeframe is double it before you see anything from me, i am slower than a tortoise.

Slower than a tortoise is one thing.  Now if you said slower than MNnancy, then we'd really believe you are slow!  I'm surprised I'm still allowed in this club.  I feel like I talk about, read about, dream about quilts more than I actually work on them.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,139
Points 14,735
Dawn replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 8:47 AM

I am w/you MNnancy!  I feel like I do more looking, planning and dreaming too.  I am currently not happy w/a pattern that I am working with.  So when I get frustrated I quit!  Not a good thing . . . I am glad they don't kick us out for lack of creating quilts . . .    :-)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,305
MizPat replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:48 AM

Dawn:

. . . I am glad they don't kick us out for lack of creating quilts . . .    :-)

I'd be one of the first to be "let go" if they did.  I spent all weekend un-making a quilt.  No fun at all!  Now I have to start over, from layering, because I promised myself I'd finish this quilt.

Are we having fun yet?

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,305
MizPat replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 10:10 AM

Hi Frances,

Just a suggestion to save you time and aggravation:  Post a list of all the names of all the fabrics in each photo.  That way, everyone can look up the fabric they're interested in.  Not that the individual messages are bad, but it takes away that most valuable thing, quilting time! 

Us fabric junkies are always looking for a "few pieces" to fill in the hole in our stash, that we didn't know was there until we saw the beautiful piece someone else posted.  I'd love any of the fabrics you and Kris posted!

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675

Diana,

I, too, have taken The Vow.  However, my husband and I are going to Memphis at the end of this month and I discovered that we will be gloriously close to Paducah, KY.  We are taking a small detour so I can unvow myself.  I just don't know what to do with him.  I have asked for two hours by myself.  We've been married for 40 years and went shopping ONCE together.  He followed 6 inches behind me and I swear the man didn't blink.  Just a glazed stare.  AHHHHH!  So, I don't care what he does but I get Hancock's alone!  

Does anyone know how big Hancock's of Paducah is and realistically how much time I should allow for browsing and picking fabric for 2 quilts?

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 9:26 AM

PD, you can't go to Paducah and not go to the museum!  You must ask for a full day in that city!  Memphis will still be there the next day.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945
Darlene replied on Wed, Jul 18 2012 11:51 PM

MNnancy:

Frances:

Slower than a tortoise is one thing.  Now if you said slower than MNnancy, then we'd really believe you are slow!  I'm surprised I'm still allowed in this club.  I feel like I talk about, read about, dream about quilts more than I actually work on them.

Nancy, what you do produce is beautiful.  And I have seen you work.  You do just fine when you put your mind to it. 

We all get distracted.  Just some more than others at times.

Darlene

from Western New York

Page 4 of 6 (78 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use