Page 1 of 13 (182 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 181 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Tue, Jul 3 2012 10:28 AM

Just found out from our local weather man that for the next 7 days it is going to be above 100 or higher ,now doesn't that just sound like fun, not to mention what it is going to do to the electric bill, guess they'll be no more fabric for awhile bought ,gotta pay an outrageous electric bill  LOL how is the weather in your area doing ?  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 10:32 AM

My weather is just about the same.  Though I did see on the last report that we may be in the 90s instead of the triple digits.  It is really sad when you are hoping for 90 degree weather....LOL>  

There are still 1000s of people without power in our area.   It is really scary with the temps this high.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 10:51 AM

That's why the cost of living is through the roof here in Southern California.  I won't even tell you what out weather is like this week.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,308
Points 18,340
Erin replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 10:56 AM

Luckily my power is back on but there are thousands in my county still without electric! It is mid to hi 90's here through Sunday.

EDIT: I have many friends in Virginia, West Virginia, New Jersey and Maryland (DC area) without power as well.

Piece, Love, Quilt

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 11:00 AM

I keep trying to convince my kids I'm moving to Alaska...it's too doggone hot for me out there.  I had heatstroke many years ago and ever since, I can't seem to take the heat.  Of course, it may just be that I've gotten hotter as I've gotten older...hmmm....wonder if they would buy that one?

It's starting to cool off a bit here, but the humidity has gone through the roof.  I wish we could just get a good thunderstorm and settle it all down.  Allergies are up because the rain hasn't settled the pollen. 

Hugs to all those still without power! 

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 11:03 AM

I really feel for all of those without power ,they have to be just miserable , thank god I have a generator if that happen to me again.  this really has to be hard on pets and us older folks as well ,no wonder my legs kept swelling at retreat.  I hope everyone takes care and drinks lots of fluids . there are gonna be some serious problems with this heat wave ,as much as I hate to see it .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 11:13 AM

I'm with you, Barbara - too many people without power right now.  I don't know how communities are dealing with the heat when there's no electricity for fans or AC or fridges! I hope people get relief soon! The wildfires in Colorado have been devastating, too - so much loss out there.

Chicago is definitely in a heat wave - we're expected to stay in the mid 90's to near/at 100 for the rest of this week.  Very little rain, if any, is expected as most of the storms just fade before getting to us.  DH and I had our AC replaced recently but I'm knocking the temp up so it doesn't have to run all the time. The dogs are spending most of the day napping in cool spots (wood floor, etc).

Our basement is cooler so I've been spending more time down there on days off work, I'm getting a quilt loaded on my frame today. Going to get back to that soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 11:22 AM

Eileen, ,we have been having the same problem with rain, it's so hot it just evaporates,before it gets to us, Wish I had a basement to keep cooler in,  Take care ,I know what the summers in the big city are like.  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 11:27 AM

we were in the thirties the other night we have finally made it to 70 during the day, but it is raining off and on with great thunderstorms.   right now the wind is whipping, which means good weather is on it's way.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 11:30 AM

OH Gini , please send it this way , PLEASE....

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 11:31 AM

I sincerely feel for all of you dealing with the extreme heat and humidity in the mid-west and east.  It must truly be miserable...especially for those without power.

I have to keep reminding myself to "be careful what you wish for"!  We had an unseasonably cool June and the ground was too cold (under 50 degrees) to even plant our corn until this last weekend.  Our days are now starting to warm up into the mid 70's with nights still in the low 40's... But, I will be glad when the nights get a little warmer so the tomatoes won't be shivering! 

Remember last winter when I was snowed in with blowing drifts?  To be honest, I would rather have that (you can always bundle  up with all these quilts)  than the exteme heat many of you are dealing with.  Just the same, we will eventually get our share of warm to hot weather (but without the humidity).  Our cross to bear will be the forest fires and smoke!  We were lucky last year and escaped without any major fires in our area...but we inevitably will have some here in the future.  As Patti and I were discussing last week, in our area you are always planning how to keep your house safe if a fire comes in your direction.

So, all of you suffering in the high temperature, keep as cool as you can and drink lots of liquids.

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Apple Valley is in the high 90's but thankfully the house we bought stays cool until late afternoon.  It would be awful if the air had to run all day as the electric bills here are higher than in Florida not that it is a surprise.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 11:36 AM

Donna, you can send some of that cool weather this way ..LOL

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 2:36 PM

Barbara:

Donna, you can send some of that cool weather this way ..LOL

I'd love to...at least the wind is blowing in your direct...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

You said it sister, but i think i would have chose the word HELLISH

[Ava, Missouri

Page 1 of 13 (182 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use