Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 500
northernquilter Posted: Sun, Jul 1 2012 5:57 PM

Happy Canada Day!

I am new to this forum but not new to quilting.  I have been quilting for over 36 years.  I started when expecting my first child and have since taught quilting, operated a quilt shop and a longarm quilting business and occasionally managed to quilt just for myself.  I love the whole process of making quilts and would love to be doing it full time, but work outside the quilting studio as a bookkeeper 4 days a week.  I have a two room quilting studio in my home with several machines and a longarm.  I never seem to get bored in those rooms.  I mostly do traditional quilt blocks but sometimes try something small in a new style just to see if I like it.  I often do.

I look forward to reading the many posts on these forums. 

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,064
gini replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 6:09 PM

"Oh, Ca na da".   that's all i know, but happy Canada day to you and welcome to the group.

and happy Canada day to all our neighbors up north

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Hi NQ welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 8:09 PM

Welcome and Happy Canada day to you.  Happy Canada day to all our Canadian quilt-y friends on site as well.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 8:23 PM

Welcome to QCA and Happy Canada Day to you!  I was in Penticton last Canada Day and had a great time!!!

Where are you in BC?

I live in north central Washington State (in Winthrop) so manage to make several trips a year into the Okanagan Lakes region of BC.  I usually manage to drop into each of the quilt shops in Vernon, Kelowna, Penticton, and Oliver.  They always have something new and interesting to see.

QCA is a great forum for quilters with lots of activity and always a helping hand to decide which fabric to use, etc.  AND, we love to see pictures of your projects and even your sewing space.  (We all seem to live vicariously through each other's accomplishments...LOL!)  So, keep checking in and let us know what your working on and you will make lots of new quilty friends.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 8:47 PM

Welcome Northern Quilter. 

Your place sounds great.

Happy Canada Day.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 10:54 PM

Northern quilter, welcome!  I am a little over an hour from BC, living in Okanogan county, Washington, but love to visit the Okanagan.  It has been too long.  I need to get back there again.  It is so close, but such a fun place to visit.   How far north are you?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 11:03 PM

nothernquiltern,welcome to the club, and happy Canada Day. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 2 2012 6:30 AM

Welcome to the site.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and share some of your projects.  We love pics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the group norther quilter. 

Margaret

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 5:47 AM

Patti:
I need to get back there again.  It is so close, but such a fun place to visit.   How far north are you?

Good grief!  the way I wrote this makes it sound like I was looking for an invite, which is not the case.  But Northern quilter, I am curious as to how far north.  Is seems to me the farther north one gets, the bigger and grander the scenery.  And colder.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725

Welcome to the Fun House.

Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 500

Thanks for the awesome welcome. 

Donna B:

Welcome to QCA and Happy Canada Day to you!  I was in Penticton last Canada Day and had a great time!!!

Where are you in BC?

I live in north central Washington State (in Winthrop) so manage to make several trips a year into the Okanagan Lakes region of BC.  I usually manage to drop into each of the quilt shops in Vernon, Kelowna, Penticton, and Oliver.  They always have something new and interesting to see.

QCA is a great forum for quilters with lots of activity and always a helping hand to decide which fabric to use, etc.  AND, we love to see pictures of your projects and even your sewing space.  (We all seem to live vicariously through each other's accomplishments...LOL!)  So, keep checking in and let us know what your working on and you will make lots of new quilty friends.

I'm still trying to get the hang of this forum.  Not sure if this replies to everyone or not.  I live in Fort Nelson, BC  which is on the Alaska Highway.  We are the last stop light in BC on the way north.

I just finished a commissioned photo quilt last night.  Mailed it off this afternoon.  Sorry can't post any pictures.  The photos were all done by a photographer and he only gave me permission to make the quilt not post it.  I'm not sure what my next project is but I know I have a few quilt tops in the mail to me right now and we will be leaving for a couple of weeks in Alaska soon so I probably won't start anything too difficult. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 9 2012 9:23 PM

northernquilter:
I mostly do traditional quilt blocks but sometimes try something small in a new style just to see if I like it.  I often do.

northernquilter:
I just finished a commissioned photo quilt last night.  Mailed it off this afternoon.

So photo quilts is one of those small new styles you tried?  You must have caught right on to be able to do one for commission.  It would have been fun to see, but I understand why you couldn't post it.  Enjoy your trip to Alaska.  We look forward to chatting with you more when you return.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725

Welcome Northern Quilter, you may end up spending more time on QCA than in your quilting rooms!

Andrea

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use