Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 170
Darel Whitman Posted: Sat, Jun 30 2012 6:40 AM

Hi,  I am new to Quilters Club of America, its a great site and lots of  ideas. I have always been a sewer and just the last few years quilting. I love fabrics, all fabrics and am always thinking of my next project (not that I get to all the projects!).  I just opened an online fabric shop about 8 weeks ago and would love feedback on what you think of the site. I work full time and have wanted a fabric shop for a long time, it took several months to design and get my site up and running and I never knew there was so much to learn about building a website and I am still learning everyday. I am now concentrating on adding more fabric lines to the site. I would love your feedback on how important is it to you as a quilter to have the latest design out there or do you buy your fabric by the color pallet you are looking for? Thank you in advance for your comments.

http://www.quiltingfabricsonline.com/default.aspx

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 170

Thank you for your response so quickly and I will keep that in mind. I know when I am looking at the fabric lines I have to keep an open mind on just because I like it, doesn't mean someone else will!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 7:24 AM

Hi Darel, welcome. I just took a peek at your store, you have some very nice choices.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 7:50 AM

Hi, I like it too.  Lots of categories and lots of choices.  Many of the prices are good too.  It is a site I will definitely visit again when shopping for fabric.   thanks

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 170

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 170

Thanks Leslie. I was born and raised in Neosho and lived aobut 30 years in Springfield. I just transferred with my company to Texas 3 years ago. We love fishing and the coast, but Missouri is beautiful and I miss the seasons, but not the cold!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 8:10 AM

Darel, I know where both are in fact heading to Springfield today, and funny but I am originally from Texas. Moved here in 68.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,672
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 12:01 PM

Welcome Darel.

Congratulations on realising your dream of opening an online shop. It looks great; easy to browse and good selection. While online shopping I tend to browse mostly by category on any given site. Getting the latest designs is not as much a priority as getting a good deal.

Wishing you continued success with your shop.

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 495
3DaneDogs replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 1:01 PM

I looked at your store also and liked your selections.  When I buy on-line, I usually am looking for a special category or designer.  I like almost anything Laurel Burch, but I also look for things like dog fabric, flamingo fabric, butterfly fabric, and so on.  It'd also be wonderful if on-line stores linked fabric that would go together.  For instance, I bought a dog fabric some time ago for a table runner but then couldn't tell which fabric had the correct colors to use for backing.  The owner was very nice when I contacted him and suggested the correct coordinating fabric.  However, on line looking at pictures, it's very difficult to see just which fabric will coordinate since a tiny shade difference in a blue makes a bit difference in whether they'll 'work' together.  Congratulations on your store!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 170

Thank you, I appreciate that. I should have new fabrics in August, maybe the last week of July. It's been a lot of fun and work putting this together and I am loving it!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 170

Great comments and I will be sure to put the matching fabrics with the main fabric. Thank you.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 170

Thanks for the feedback. I am trying very hard to get good prices but keep the quality.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 4:46 PM

Good luck with your fabric sales!  It can't be easy opening an online business in an already crowded field.  Having great prices and a winning product is surely the key.

Just a small critique of your website....   I think you need to make the fabric clearly visible from the moment the customer "enters" your store.  On your home page, you've used up a lot of space with comments about setting bookmarks and a special on one brand of fabric.  I had to scroll down to begin seeing any fabric.  You don't need the bookmark comment.  The sale fabric should be found under a button called "Weekly specials" or something to that effect.  Free delivery is important, but figure out a way to promote that without pushing fabric off the screen.  Also, anything underlined appears to be a link, yet the underlined comment about sale fabric does not connect to that fabric line.

Best of luck!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 170

Thank you MNnancy, I already changed it some after I read your comments. I know I need the fabrics up there, so I removed some of my writing and am still working on it. I do feel like I need to Thank people for taking the time to come to my site, so I will have to figure that out. Thanks again for your great advice.

Dare'l

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use