Page 1 of 21 (305 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 304 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden Posted: Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:55 PM

having a great time. hot outside but cool inside. good quilting, great food, and amazing fun and conversation. this will be a yearly event. facilities are perfect for quilters. sara's dh will have an internet booster next time so we can post better. this is from my phone as i found a spot and have a slide out keyboard. will post more on saturday when i get home.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 3:58 PM

Hi Mary, glad everyone is having a great time

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 4:35 PM

Sounds like a great time!  I can't wait to see the pictures :)

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 8:00 PM

Thanks for the update Mary. We miss "seeing" you all daily.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 8:44 PM

I agree, I too miss all the fun

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 9:10 PM

Glad you all are having a blast!  Try and stay cool!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 9:16 PM

Maggie:

I agree, I too miss all the fun

We'll be expecting LOTS of photos and stories when you get home!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 9:33 PM

Have fun at your retreat. Who all is attending this one.  Can't wait to see some pictures!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Ah Ha!  I found Mary!!!  I will be looking forward to you wrap up of all the good times when you get back home. Mary. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,530
Points 31,115
Diana replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 11:58 AM

HI GANG,   Sorry everyone was not able to join in the fun thru the internet of our rereat in the Smokey's.   I'm home safe and sound.....of course, I'm was only 45 minutes from home...lol

I just want to warn you all, there are absconders among us.   Tuesday night a call was heard that  "Show and Tell in the sewing room".   Everyone comes in and Nana , Gini, and Barbara had bags and starting pulling out fabric to show off.  By the third piece, I had to yell at them "Hey, that's my fabric from my house"..LOL   They had stayed at my house for a couple nights and I had to leave for the cabin before them.  They swiped my fabric and brought it with them...  We all had a great laugh over that and Yes, they gave it all back to me.....hehehe  

Next year's retreat will have the WiFi working.  Mike(the owner) sat with his provider for over an hour.  Come to find out, his HotSpot was bad.  He's getting a new one and he'll test it and make sure we have internet connections so you can all join in.

Well, I've just had some lunch and need to empty my car.   Power went out almost as I walked in the door.  Fuse on the pole across the street blew.  I had to wait for the repair to be done before I could get on here to post.   I'm sure more pics and prose will be forthcoming soon.

Diana in East Tn.   

I copied this from the retreat group so all of you can join in.  All fun stuff will come here instead.  Now you can all have a good laugh.

Diana

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

Well...Our retreat is over and I am home. I'm totally exhausted but had a wonderful time. We have definitely decided to make this an annual retreat and have booked the week of July 14-20, 2013 for our next one. With all the retreats during the school year, we decided to leave this one during the summer so teachers could attend. In 2014, we will be back to the last week of June since Sara already has that booked next year.

Sara and Mike are wonderful hosts. The place is lovely and they have the perfect room for setting up so all the quilters are together. The shop hop and the gift exchange and door prizes seemed to go over really well.

I'm sorry we could post during the week but Mike promises to have an ATT wifi next time and there's a tower nearby so we'll be able to post in real time next year.

There is a shop in Morristown where Diana lives that is going out of business. They were selling whole bolts at 3 and 4 dollars a yard. I bought some but wish I had the money to buy them out, which Janice and Carolyn (aka Ditzy and Polished, aka "The Twins" even though they aren't but are sisters) pretty much did. Those ladies got a huge amount of amazing fabric. Can't wait to see what they make of them.

Diets are probably beginning even as people drive home. We ate very well. It was pretty hot outside, but inside the AC worked perfectly. Mike and Sara live a couple minutes' drive from the Lodge in their own Cabin and were always available to us. I was so happy to meet her friend, Sherry, as well as Sherry's daughter. Sara even got to sit and sew with us as did Sherry.

I will be posting pictures over the weekend. Right now I'm just exhausted.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 12:21 PM

Diana and Mary,

it's good to know you made it home safely. Can't wait for photos.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 12:32 PM

Maddie wishes to thank the quilters who gave her quilts for her mission. These will find a good home. She was happy finishing her quilt top, and she loved helping people press their seams, And I really appreciate all of you letting her attend the retreat. Since there was lots to do she never got bored. She even learned how to tie a quilt. And she loved the foods, she basically ate her way thru the retreat. I had brought food as I did not want a fuss at meal time but she only ate that basically for lunch, and she loved the shop hop and she talked me into letting her get some batiks, but she wanted so much more, definately a fabric-holic!! And she made sure to tell me this fabric was for her not the charity as she needed another quilt!!

Any one still making quilts for Maddie can send them to: Quilted Hugs from Maddie

P.O. Box 2461

Cleveland, TN 37320-2461

email: quiltedhugsfrommaddie@yahoo.com

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Sat, Jun 30 2012 1:17 PM

Hi everyone, just checking in to say I'm home and the car is unloaded. It is too hot to do anything else today. I had a blast at the retreat, but now I am so tired. I'm headed off to take a nap, but I'll check back in later to make sure everyone else has made it back home.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

Page 1 of 21 (305 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use