Page 1 of 4 (47 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 46 Replies | 9 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,490
JennieLeigh Posted: Mon, Jun 25 2012 5:06 PM

OH DEAR GOD! I just discovered that I am pregnant w/ child #4!  NOW I have to come up with a baby quilt (I've done one for each of the others).  Any suggestions?  This was totally unplanned and unexpected as I have been on birth control.  I do NOT know how it happened.  All I can reason is that God felt impelled to bless us--AGAIN.  I am not going to find out what the baby is, so I need something neutral.  I was thinking turtles.  Somebody tell me that this is going to be OK, because I'm terrified out of my mind!

• | Post Points: 170
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 29,135
Ramona replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 5:23 PM

JennieLeigh,

To have just found out that your pregnant with # 4 and already thinking on the lines of a baby quilt????? You're right, everything is going to be just fine.

I typed in the search bar for turtle baby quilts and lots came up. You may start there.  Just use those neutral colors and go for it.  God has blessed you with another sweet soul.

http://search.aol.com/aol/image?q=turtle+baby+quilt&v_t=keyword_rollover

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 6:18 PM

Jennie Leigh, congratulations, God has blessed you with another child.  I think you have something in common with CC, it was a surprise to her as well.  Sprout is 4 weeks old and sooo beautiful!  She, like you, did not know the gender until he arrived.  Life is good and God is the reason.  Don't be terrified, be happy.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,139
Points 14,735
Dawn replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 6:47 PM

Congrats on your surprise!  God does know how much you can handle and He knows you can do this!  Children are always a blessing and surprises are the very best!!!!   :-)  Know that I am praying for you.  You will rock this!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 6:56 PM

Congrats Jennie

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 7:15 PM

Congratulations Jennie!!.... I too became preg on birth control.... 30 years ago. Think it was because I was on antibiotics and it mess's with the pill. But (not sure if I should tell you.)... I had twins. Boys.

You will be fine. Enjoy them cause they grow up to fast.

Deb

JennieLeigh:

OH DEAR GOD! I just discovered that I am pregnant w/ child #4!  NOW I have to come up with a baby quilt (I've done one for each of the others).  Any suggestions?  This was totally unplanned and unexpected as I have been on birth control.  I do NOT know how it happened.  All I can reason is that God felt impelled to bless us--AGAIN.  I am not going to find out what the baby is, so I need something neutral.  I was thinking turtles.  Somebody tell me that this is going to be OK, because I'm terrified out of my mind!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 8:30 PM

Well, both JennieLeigh and Debbie(Dainty),  I kind of understand what you mean about being on birth control.  This happened twice to my Granddaughter, and then I baby sat each child until they were about  2 1/2 or 3 ears old.  And I tell you, I really miss that.   Ginny

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,490

Thank you all for the support!  I am a teacher and got laid off in April.  I see now why! No way I could work full-time AND raise 4 kids.  Please keep the prayers coming.  I wouldn't be so terrified, except...and you may think I'm nuts...but my previous births were so horrendous in the hospital that this time, I'm hiring a midwife and having my baby at home.  I just cannot go through another birth like my last one.  My husband disagrees (Mostly out of fear for me and the baby).  But I just can't understand why for the last million years women have been giving birth without men's help and it's only within the last 100 years when men took over, all of a sudden, they have us convinced that we can't do it unless they are there to catch??  So, here goes nothing.  Baby is due 2/21/13.  Now..... picking out that baby quilt design....I'm thinking a khaki and pastel green, since I'm not going to find out what Baby is.  Yes?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 9:18 PM

Congrats Jennie,

I thi k it's great that you want to be surprised. I do think parents today are missing out on the element of surprise. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 9:22 PM

JennieLeigh - I just today received a pattern from Lisa Boyer, it's a turtle design and so cute!  http://lisaboyer.com/page1.htm

All the support and well wishes, how could it be anything but a blessing!  Keep calm and just enjoy!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,490

That's so odd!  I was just looking at this pattern online and thinking, "How cute!"  I checked my e-mail, and there was your reply! :)  Thank you so much.  I love this pattern, although I don't want a full-sized quilt for the baby.  Perhaps I could alter it to a crib size?  And I was thinking of using blue and green batiks.  Wouldn't that be lovely?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,490

When I was pregnant for the first time, I didn't want to know what the baby was.  My OB at the time said to me, "You know, I've delivered hundreds, if not thousands of babies.  Most of the women--about 95%--who come in here find out what they are having.   And of those, half of them are disappointed by what they find out.  But of the 5% who wait until the day the baby is born, not s single one--mother or dad--is disappointed in the delivery room.  I think you made the right choice."  I think you're right.  Most parents today are missing the whole element of surprise--the FUN of not knowing.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 9:44 PM

Jennie Leigh,

congratulations on the pending bundle of joy. I'm glad you're waiting to learn the baby's gender.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 10:15 PM

JennieLeigh,

I cant help on the Crib Quilt, never having made one Crib Quilt or Child.  I just wanted to say Congratulations God must love you a lot to bless you 4 times (although im betting that sometimes it doesnt feel like a blessing).  If i was there i would give you a huge hug, but since im not i will send one across the ocean should arrive about .............................................................................................................................NOW.

lots of love

Francesxx

England

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 10:56 PM

Congratulations Jennie.  You weren't by chance using St. John's wort were you?  That can lower the efficacy of many medications, including birth control. 

In any case, sounds like "it was meant to be."  Enjoy.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 1 of 4 (47 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use