Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 1,365
Cindy Posted: Sat, Jun 23 2012 9:13 AM

I am looking for a pattern of a sailing ship and house to include in my BAQ, I have had no luck so far.  I was told Elly Sienkiewicy's books had these patterns, I have bought two of her books from Amazon, but no ships or houses only florals.  Does any one have a pattern they would share or tell me which books I need to get.

Lucinda 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270

Lucinda, I'm assuming you don't want a sailboat pattern?

This pattern has a double sail but still doesn't look like an old time sailing ship.

http://delawarequilts.com/BOMs/SailingShips/index.html

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270

Lucinda

Did you try Google Images? I typed in cartoon sailing ship and got lots of ideas that could be made into an applique sailing ship.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 604
Points 12,670

What is BAQ?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 8:12 AM

Baltimore album quilt

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 1:16 PM

A couple years ago I saw a BAQ with an old time sailing ship.  It was beautiful, but complicated.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Who was it on here that was doing that quilt with all of the sailing ships on it??  Was it MoomMist or Granny M or ????????

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 2:22 PM

Cindy--

Have you found a ship pattern that will work?  I have a pattern for all kinds of ships, but they are for embroidery.  I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to turn it into an applique pattern.  Let me know if you want me to get out the pattern (it's on the shelf so it won't take long to pull it out).

Pat--"Keep Calm and Carry On"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

Here is a link to a shop that may have a pattern like you are looking for:  http://www.quakertownquilts.com/blocks-of-the-month/susan-garman/ladies-of-the-sea.html

'Ladies of the Sea' by Susan Garmen is the search I used.

Hope this helps.

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270

Patti:

A couple years ago I saw a BAQ with an old time sailing ship.  It was beautiful, but complicated.

This is the quilt my guild made for their annual fund raising raffle. It has an incredible sailing ship applique. I bought 10 tickets to the raffle!! This quilt is really awesme. It was made by several guild members (not me).

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

MaxNTopeka:
'Ladies of the Sea' by Susan Garmen is the search I used.
That's the one that was being used by whomever it was that I am trying to think of that was posting pictures of ships.  :o)  Senior moments

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,738
Marie replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 5:42 PM

Awesome quilt Judy!  I hope you win it.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 8:33 PM

Wow, Judy, that is an amazing quilt!  Can you find out the designer/pattern name for Cindy?  It's got both the ship and the house that she's looking for.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270

MNnancy:

Wow, Judy, that is an amazing quilt!  Can you find out the designer/pattern name for Cindy?  It's got both the ship and the house that she's looking for.

I was told that the guild members who offered to work on the quilt had to use the fabrics from one collection but the blocks were whatever they wanted to do. I'll see what I can find out.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 12:48 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
This is the quilt my guild made for their annual fund raising raffle. It has an incredible sailing ship applique. I bought 10 tickets to the raffle!! This quilt is really awesme.

Gorgeous quilt Judy.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use