Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 400
Caroline Posted: Sat, Jun 23 2012 4:04 AM

So I found out a friend of mine is preggers and about to pop today when I got in the mail an invitation to her baby shower next week. I want to make her a crib quilt, and she's a little girl. I was wondering about what an easy, quick baby quilt would be.

Also, should I make it crib sized or is there a better size to make it? Would a wall hanging be better? I have until July 7th to figure it out, sew it, quilt it and be done.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 8:13 AM

Caroline--

If you are buying fabric---the first thing that came to mind was the Jelly Roll 1600 (same as Richard suggested).  All the fabric is ready to go, no pattern choice to make, a nice all-over quilting design and you're done! If using your stash--how about a disappearing 9 patch---no seams to match!   I also like to make a larger-than-crib quilt for gifts.  Often the baby will already have the whole sheet/quilt/etc. set to match the room decor and a larger quilt will get more use.be more useful.

Pat--"Keep Calm and Carry On"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 10:18 AM

Tam's patch makes a cute baby quilt.  Onky need three fabrics and sews up realyu quick, easy to make in a day.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 8:31 AM

Caroline:
I was wondering about what an easy, quick baby quilt would be.

What timing!  Nancy Ziemen (Sewing with Nancy) has a cute, quick baby quilt on her blog right now.

http://www.nancyzieman.com/blog/quick-quilting-projects/sew-a-quick-baby-quilt/

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Jun 26 2012 8:34 AM

You can alternate strips, either the same width or varying, of cute baby prints.  You can't get too much easier.  It can be scrappy or get 3-4 coordinating prints...or a jelly roll.  It only needs to be 38-40" square for a nice size baby quilt.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use