rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Dec 27 2009 11:04 PM

JSBrasher:
Can anyone offer any color tips? I was thinking dark blue or green and white.

great pattern Jess.  And I like the idea of the dark blue (or green) and white.  I have found the blue and white, vs multicolored quilts to be very stunning.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 375
JSBrasher replied on Sun, Dec 27 2009 11:25 PM

I am thinking either emerald green or a dark inky blue (maybe midnight blue), but I don't have access to alot of fabric stores around here. Do any of you have any favorite brands, or possibly any specific fabrics that I can look up? I know what I'm looking for, I just don't know how to describe it. Maybe a marble type look with different shades of blue would be nice....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 28 2009 7:39 AM

JSBrasher:
Maybe a marble type look with different shades of blue would be nice...

that does sound very nice.  There are so many on-line site for fabric to go to.  My favorite is equilter.com because the way they display the fabrics and the variety makes it very easy to find something.  There is also a web site that has just batiks but I don't remember the name.  I love batiks because of their jewel like quality with so many brilliant colors.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Mon, Dec 28 2009 10:35 AM

jess. why not use both blue and green?  you could make the squares going one direction green and the other direction blue, the find a coordinating fabric for the big stars.    gini   oh by the way, i love you pattern pick   

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 69
Points 2,430
nitchals replied on Mon, Dec 28 2009 2:39 PM

Welcome Jess!  Beautiful pattern, can't wait to see the finished piece.  :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,260

Jess - Welcome and I really like your pattern.  I agree with green in one direction and blue in the other.  should look neat.  I've had good luck with Blue Bamboo.com and Keepsake.  I started out hand quilting small projects just to prove to myself I could do it.  Now, it is a combination of hand and machine - depending on the quilt top.  Have fun and enjoy. 

Judi, Loudon, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 28 2009 3:55 PM

Welcome Jess

I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do.  There are so many friendly helpful people here.  And we all love to chat and share pictures.  I picked up the 1/4 in marking stick at Joann's yesterday to use with Dear Jane and SBS.  We'll see how the hand piecing goes.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,050

Jess: I'm a new quilter also But atleast you have your grandmother showing you the ropes, I have nobody! I sew and ripe! But I'm learning!

Rose from Monongahela

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Dec 29 2009 10:18 AM

Welcome!  You have come to a special site, lots of info, freinds andjust plain fun!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 3,475
Tink922 replied on Tue, Dec 29 2009 4:20 PM

I'm right there with you, Rose, and I'm sure there are many others like us too!

North Central Ohio

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 553
Points 11,305
Gagoo replied on Thu, Dec 31 2009 12:00 AM

JSBrasher:

http://www.rjrfabrics.com/patterns/download_pattern.cfm?psID=86

Can anyone offer any color tips? I was thinking dark blue or green and white.

Welcome Jess, Love that fact that you were raised under your grammas quilting frame. I just downloaded your pattern. I will probably make it too. It is  very interesting the was it is laid out. I think the dark blue and white would be very stunning. Keep us informed on your progress. We will try and help you along the way

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use