Some suggestion of quilts

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 61
Points 905
rubyluise Posted: Fri, Jun 15 2012 4:35 AM

Hi this is rubyluise and I want some suggestion regarding quilts. I want to make one beautiful quilt for my kids. Then what kind of colors and design I have to choose.? How much time It  will be take n to make one quilts? Your answers will be appreciation over here.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 5:35 AM

Is this one special quilt for all the kids? If so I would take a design that I could put some photo transfers in of family pictures, outings and special events.

A complicated quilt could take a long time.  At least it would for me.  But there are lots of simple designs that can be very beautiful with the right fabrics, with contrast between light and dark.   And take maybe a week or a month depending on your time available to sew.  Some of the folks here can do a quilt in a day.   I am not one of those. 

A quilt for each kid?  Use each kid's favorite colors.

Can you give more information about what you want, and perhaps how it will be used? Knowing your experience level, how big and how long you want to take on it would help.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 61
Points 905
rubyluise replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 5:43 AM

I want more conscious regarding colors and especially designs Do you have any idea regarding designs?I

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 6:18 AM

There are so many designs.   How soon do you want to get it done, and what is your level?  Do you want a patten that is easy, difficult or in between?  

For ideas check out the free pattens.  What catches your eye?  What kind of quilt do you like best?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 9:17 AM

Rubyluise, when I made quilts for ny boys, I let them choose from a selection of patterns I knew I could make and then they could pick a favorite color or theme.  This way they had some say into the process, which made it that much more theirs.  For example, my oldest one wanted greens and browns, no flowers, no frilly stuff. My second one wanted black with greens, teals, and aquas.  The youngest one had blues and greens on a beige background.  Their choice.  Patterns ranged from trip around the world to Jenny Beyer kaleidoscope to curves and waves. All three were lovingly hand quilted and are still being used today after ten+ years.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:02 PM

Ruby,  go to google, type in quilts and go to google images.  Find a color combo you like, then look for a simple pattern you can use them in, like a rail fence.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 61
Points 905
rubyluise replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:22 PM

Thanks for all to give suggestion.Can anyone share the pictures about baby quilts?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 184
Points 2,390
MizPat replied on Mon, Jul 16 2012 11:40 AM

Hi Robin,

For a lot of free quilt patterns(28 pages as of yesterday) go to www.WindhamFabrics.com.  The quilts are made to showcase various lines of fabris, and have thumbnails of the fabrics used, so if you wanted to duplicate the colors ina apattern, you have an Idea of color and scale for that piece of the quilt.  I had to stop after page four, because I was so pumped up looking at all the beautiful quilts.

Enjoy

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use