Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 1,455
pat Posted: Thu, Jun 14 2012 3:57 AM

i just finished my first top to my ly first quilt ever all thats left is the border and then for the hard part learning to do the backing but for a 1st try and so much help from all of you the front looks pretty good,i think i see a few mistakes but i'm sure i will get better with time as i already have several asking me to make them one,thanks to all of you for the help, my sister-in-law should have her lap quilt by next week,i hope

• | Post Points: 155
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,846
Points 248,979
Barbara replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 5:54 AM

Pat don't forget we need pictures ,so we can ohh and ahh, congratulations on getting your first quilt top finished . When you get it done don't forget to sign and date it. oh and there is no such thing as a perfect quilt, every little bump gives your quilt character and you will be the only one to know . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,547
Points 417,049
gini replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 7:26 AM

Good for you, pat,  when do we get to see pictures??

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 2:19 PM

Pat

Congratulations on your first quilt.   I hope you will let us see a pic.   Now you will be as addicted as the rest of us and live and breathe quilting...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,226
Points 16,495
Susan replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 3:04 PM

Way To Go, Pat! Are you hooked on quilting yet? Let us see a pic real soon. Did the books help???    Susan, North Florida

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 385

Pat,

We have all made mistakes on our quilts and learned from them.  I chose to call them "design elements" not mistakes!  Who knows you might come up with some new inovations for quilts with a mistake!  Keep quilting and have fun doing it!

54490-238-82709ACF8509E3BC1FOCFDB04EA66E

Not Ranked
Posts 61
Points 905
rubyluise replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 12:27 AM

I am very much happy for you. But, I am eager to see your pictures. At least I got an idea regarding quilts and then I also want to start to add something new borders and colors. Please click and share some pictures.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 6:26 AM

Keep pictures of all your quilts.  They are fun to look back at and you will be amazed at how quickly you improve on your skills.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 7:06 AM

Congratulations Pat, having a first quilt done feels like such an accomplishment!  Signed, dated and name of your quilt, that's what I put on the back. I sometimes add what occasion and to whom. It makes for a big label, I guess I like details...lol

I can't wait to see pictures.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 8:25 AM

Congrats Pat!   You sound like you really enjoyed making the quilt.  I think we may have another addict on our hands.   Welcome to the club.  

Robin

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 1,455
pat replied on Sun, Jun 17 2012 8:43 AM

pics i hope by the end of the week,i'll have to learn about labeling,the books i've received have been very handy,and yes i'm becoming addicted,i found it helps my stress level just to get alone in my room with my material as i plan to do today,starting the day a bit stressed so to my sewing room i shall go

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,117
Points 29,755
Ramona replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 4:52 PM

Pat,

Congratulations...you are now official!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 8:03 PM

Hurray for Pat.   You are probably the only one that will notice the mistakes.   And even those of us who have been at it a while make mistakes.  Some we learn to cover, some we hope go unnoticed, and others we can only laugh about (as opposed to crying).

The big deal is that you have done that 1st one and it just gets better from there.

You Are The Woman 

Granny M

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Wonderful, Pat!!!

Number One is always the most difficult. Everyone gets easier after the first one.  And I don't care how many you make, you will always find something that you wish you hadn't done the way you did it!

So glad to hear that quilting is relaxing for you...makes life much nicer!

Max

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 96
Points 2,045
Barb S replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 10:07 PM

Sis, I guess I have been missing your posts on here -- I didn't realize you were so close to finishing your quilt top -- hey!!! congratulations, baby sister!!!   I am so glad we can share this fun and experience -- and YES!! Mom would be proud!

I have finished the two baby quilts for Jessica and am still working on the Carpenter's Star for Chris --but have been trying my hand at some applique too and  --- you must have seen the quilted e-reader pocket I made and posted on Facebook heh-heh!  Darlene wanted one too, so I made one for her and sent it off to her.

I have packed up some scraps and supplies to take with me to wait for the baby -- and I am also working on crocheting a christening gown for her --so I will be keeping busy while I'm away.  Taking my laptop too,so I can keep up with QCA and -- BTW -- have you checked out the Show and Tell Gallery on here????  Oh my goodness, their quilts are just beautiful!!!!  I love this club!

Sis, I am so happy you are enjoying this quilting experience!!!  Can't wait to see your quilt. Love ya', sis!

PS -- They are sincere when they say we all make mistakes in our quilts and we learn from them.  I have -- and I know you will too.  But each new quilt project will be better -- and provide new opportunities to learn.  

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use