Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 44 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 8:15 PM

Judy, this is just too dang cute. I know a lady, who raises goats. that would love one of these.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 8:22 PM

i don't know how I missed this last month...but this is absolutely darling.  How did the raffle go?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,070

Karla:

i don't know how I missed this last month...but this is absolutely darling.  How did the raffle go?

Karla, this was last year's quilt at the charity auction and it went for $125 I think.Or was it $175. Don't remember for sure. I've made two others since then for the same goat rescue organization. I've finished another quilt for their November auction but this one has chickens on it. I think I posted a picture in my gallery.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820

I would definitely bid on that!  Good quilt, Judy.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020

I just love these guys!  They remind me of the Three Billy Goats Gruff !  what fun

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,070

MelodyP MO/KS:

I just love these guys!  They remind me of the Three Billy Goats Gruff !  what fun

I loved that story Melody. Haven't thought of it in years.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 606
Points 10,495
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 11:27 PM

TOOOO cute !!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 8:00 AM

Judy - that quilt is adorable. The goats are so whimsical - they make me smile. 

Betty 

A quilt will warm the heart.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,082
Points 16,580

Judy you quilt is so cute.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,082
Points 16,580

Judy you quilt is so cute.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 60
Tammany replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 10:54 PM

Well, so far I have cut out all of the pieces for this quilt and I am ready to assemble it.  However, I cannot seem to figure out how the background is sewn together.  The pattern says to match the pattern pieces at the marks which I can do but won't that leave a raw edge?.  And, as you know the 4 background pieces have curves in them.  How did you sew the background together?  Do you just overlap the two pieces by 1/4" (right sides up) and sew them?  I don't want a raw edge showing so would I put a decorative stitch over the "seam?"

Sorry to be so dense on this one but I am lost...thanks!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,070

Tammany:
And, as you know the 4 background pieces have curves in them.  How did you sew the background together? 

I had trouble with this step. Use the supplied patterns. Be sure to print them full size if you haven't already done so. You'll need to tape the pieces together.

I taped a piece of fabric to each of the background pattern pieces and marked them 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. That helped keep my brain on the straight and narrow.  Lay on the fabrics you want to use, pin and carefully cut out. These are on the bias so handle with care. You will then put the corresponding pieces to right sides together and sew a 1/4" seam that meandering seam. Clip the curves as needed to make it lay flat.

It's awkward.

The tree and the rug the goats are standing on are appliqued on.  

Does this help?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,070

Judy T-Bellingham:
And, as you know the 4 background pieces have curves in them.  How did you sew the background together?

Tammany, you could also simply applique the background accents. Cut the light gray and appliqee the darker gray pieces.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 1:09 PM

Love this oh so cute quilt!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Judy, just adorable!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use