Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 940
Krysti Posted: Mon, Jun 4 2012 6:25 PM

I joined on March 28th. I was looking it up and it states :  You'll receive a Welcome Letter in the mail - Within six weeks you'll receive your Welcome Letter which includes your Membership Card and instructions on how to use the site and register for your Jo-Ann's VIP Discount Card--I still haven't received.

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 110

hi kristi, i also joined on march 16th and still have recieved nothing,  was wondering why also,

have a great day and happy sewing

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,117
Points 411,074
gini replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 8:35 PM

krysti and sheila, they are notoriously late with these things.   i hope it doesn't put you off on the site.  this is a great information resource and we have a lot of fun.  if you check out the groups there are a bunch of quilty activities to join in on.  

welcome to both of you and happy quilting

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 10:16 PM

Hi krysti,and Shelia, I'm a third year member and it took awhile for me to get my new card as well ,but I did get it so just hang in there it will come. You can still get your Joann card online without any problems . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 10:28 PM

Being late on everything for new members has been happening for a while, but it is truly worth it to be a member here.  I hope you hang in there and join us.  I can't begin to tell you how much this group has meant to me, for learning, support and laughter. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 940
Krysti replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 10:50 PM

Good to know that they just run late on these things. It would not put me off the site Gini; as there is a wealth of information here, and I have been able to take advantage of some of the benefits of being a member. I actually was able to use my temporary card that I printed to get my Joann's discount card right away.  I've also used the discount at Keepsake Quilting, have gotten my first magazine, etc.  I appreciate the responses.  Guess you and me gotta wait a little while longer Sheila :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,150
Points 15,765
Erin replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 3:24 PM

I just became a premium member on Friday. While I was reading I read something about cards being valid until July 31....so, maybe they are just holding off to send out cards for us newbies until they send out the new cards that are valid Aug. 2012 until July 31 2013?  It's just a thought, I may be wrong though.

Erin

Piece, Love, Quilt

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 894

Hi Ladies! My renewal date was 6/23 and I just received my card in the mail...however, this is the first time I didn't get a welcome box also....did they discontinue that? I hope not, it was filled with threads and other goodies....Blondie

blondie

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 10:20 AM

h202blonde:

Hi Ladies! My renewal date was 6/23 and I just received my card in the mail...however, this is the first time I didn't get a welcome box also....did they discontinue that? I hope not, it was filled with threads and other goodies....Blondie

I renewed in May, got my card in late June/early July...but also no welcome box.  I was wondering the same thing.  Does anyone know if the welcome boxes have been discontinued?  We probably should just call and ask...

Winthrop, WA

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 894

well, i emailed them and this is their reply:

"The welcome DVD is now coming with the first issue
of Easy Quilts that is with your renewed membership.
All of the benefits and how to use them are now online
and you can find them under the 'Deals & Discounts'
link on the left hand side of the page.
Have a good day!"
i'm not happy. sigh.

blondie

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 2:43 PM

h202blonde:

well, i emailed them and this is their reply:

"The welcome DVD is now coming with the first issue
of Easy Quilts that is with your renewed membership.
All of the benefits and how to use them are now online
and you can find them under the 'Deals & Discounts'
link on the left hand side of the page.
Have a good day!"
i'm not happy. sigh.

Hmmm,  I have an issue of Easy Quilts since I renewed and no DVD attached.  Maybe I had better email them too (after I verify the last Easy Quilt issue I have).

Winthrop, WA

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 894

are they starting with the fall issue? i don't understand ...it does say 'the first issue that is with your renewed membership'. i'm disappointed about the lack of welcome kit, though. it gave me the opportunity to try out new threads, etc...as a charter member, i certainly don't need to be told where to find the  "list of benefits and how to use them".

i wonder if new members received no welcome kit...

blondie

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 77
Points 1,215

I became a member for the first time in March.  The DVD of free episodes from QNN came with the magazine and that was all.  It took until June to get my membership card.  There was no box of "stuff" and no mention of any box in any of the information inviting membership.

stitcheraz

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 55

i have had the same problem i joined almost 3months ago and still nothing i sent emails a few times but never got anything back

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 940
Krysti replied on Sat, Aug 4 2012 7:02 PM

I became a new member end of March.  I received a first issue of the magazine, but no DVD.  I did finally receive my official card in the mail early July I believe.  New members (at least this new member) did not receive any kind of welcome "kit" or "box"

Krysti

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use