Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 540
claudia Posted: Sun, Jun 3 2012 1:15 PM

I first learned to sew, then became a scrapbooker-cardmaker, but have always wanted to learn to quilting,   At 59, I completed my first quilt, and I don't mind admitting, I prefer machine quilting.With my 3 favorite crafts, and not wanting to waste any fabric, I am trying to keep up with my quilting projects scrap management.  After I trim my scraps into npieces, I am left with real little scrap pieces which could be use to design a block for a get well card or just a hello card, or decorate your favorite insulated see-thru beverage cup.

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 3:01 AM

Welcome localgirl.  I really like that beverage cup idea.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Welcome localgirl,

Very creative idea to use the scraps for cards and insulated cups.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 6:03 AM

Welcome Localgirl.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,846
Points 248,964
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 7:29 AM

Localgirl,welcome to the culb and the wonderful quilting world , Happy to have you joining us . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 12:11 PM

hi local girl, welcome to the group.    that's a good idea for scraps

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Wekcome to the group local girl.   Great ideas you have for scaps.

Margaret

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625

Pretty soon we'll be saving the threads!! Always a new idea to use up the tiniest little bit.  Welcome, and I will be throwing mine into puppy pillows.  They love them too!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,117
Points 29,755
Ramona replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 1:59 PM

Great idea! I should send my scraps to my daughter who absolutely loves scrapbooking.

Welcome to the group.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 3:57 PM

Welcome, Localgirl. Well aren't you creative. I had thought about covering a journal in Civil War reproduction fabric to make a journal about the making of the quilt and research about that time period  for this quilt, for the Civil War BOM that I am in. See Parasols and Fabric under Groups. It is so fun.

We have a great time together, even far apart. We get together for retreats in different parts of the country at different times of the year. There was Virginia Beach in a beach hose, coming up is the Smoky Mountain retreat in, of course, a huge log home, then I lose count of the others. Anyway check out retreats. All kinds of fabric swaps, BOM groups, and a marketplace for buying and selling fabric, books, etc. So, join in the fun. If you need a crying towel, see What Are You Up To Today. We laugh, joke, cry, pray, and just pour our lives out to each other.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 4:14 PM

I'll add my welcome to the list.

There is a Scrap happy group that Nana runs.  I have to say, it's AWESOME!  I can't let go of my control enough to do a really scrappy quilt yet, but I'm trying.  I also save most of my scraps.  The ones that are too skinny to do anything with I was saving to stuff into pillows or stuffies for the grands.  But I have to get better at cutting them into usable pieces first.  Mine are just a bundle of mush in a bag.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 745
Lola B replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 6:32 PM

Vivian, I am saving my thread!  I kept a snip-it bag by my sewing machine adn when i clip threads in it goes.  Then when it gets a bunch, I make sure it is in short pieces (put the bunch on my cutting board and run my rotary cutter through it) then stuff it in an mesh bag (like onions come in) and tie it off, hang it outside and the birdies love it for nesting materials.

I save my scraps also, the long skinny ones go in a mesh clothes hamper and I use these for a scrappy string quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Lola - I tried hanging a bag of threads and yarns out for the birdies but I guess they didn't like my color choices.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use