Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini Posted: Wed, Dec 23 2009 2:28 AM

so here's a good reason for finishing your projects early.    we were having a little cheer at our neighbor's tonight, and super-klutz  (moi),  was being shown the guest room-loft, and i slipped on the ladder, sliced open my little finger and  grew a huge hematoma on my thigh. it's as big as my hand and swollen in a huge lump.     i haven't wanted to look at my finger.  i just washed it out and slapped a band -aid on it.     i'll look in the morning to see if it needs stitches.   dang, i hate when i hurt myself.    my finger is so swollen i can't bend it.   finger and thigh should be nicely colored for christmas.  so much for the mini skirt.    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 125
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Wed, Dec 23 2009 3:40 AM

Gini'

Hope you are better this morning. Not a great  way to spend The holiday. Merry Christmas!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 3,475
Tink922 replied on Wed, Dec 23 2009 5:10 AM

Rut Ro. . . I hope you're feeling okay today, Gini. I suspect that's a lesson to us all not to be a slave to fashion, eh?

North Central Ohio

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 23 2009 8:49 AM

Gini

I think maybe you should stay away from ladders....first the shoulder and now the finger and thigh..... Hope both feel better soon.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

gini...I hope that you are OK...you haven't been on this morning so I am thinking that you are a little sore today..poor thing...

Hubby and I are nursing old and we are supposed to travel tomorrow..hope we feel better by then...

Ontario, Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Wed, Dec 23 2009 8:57 AM

goodness Gini, I hope you mend well over night.  Maybe for safety sake you should just sit in one place and have everyone wait on you.  And may your waiters not be klutzes in case you want something hot to drink. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Wed, Dec 23 2009 8:58 AM

I agree - no more ladders for you, miss! Stick to stairs with railings - and carpet for traction!  I sure hope your finger & leg get better and aren't so painful.  If not, milk it for all its worth and get everyone else to do all the work and wait on you hand & foot.  Too bad you didn't have a dragon to fly you up to the loft!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini replied on Wed, Dec 23 2009 9:33 AM

other than the fact that one leg looks like i'm wearing jodhpurs, and is a lovely color, and my little  finger looks lke a little  overstuffed blue sausage,    i'm feeling pretty good.   i know that my finger will hurt if i look at it, so i'm leaving the band-aid on for now.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini replied on Wed, Dec 23 2009 9:34 AM

as you can see it hasn't slowed down my posting finger,  thankd everyone.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Wed, Dec 23 2009 10:12 AM

gini:

as you can see it hasn't slowed down my posting finger,  thankd everyone.    gini

haha...I see that...the little finger is at least not as important a finger as the other ones...try not to get in to any more trouble gini...well not the kind that leaves you hurting....welll you know what I mean.. haha

Ontario, Canada

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 240
Brandi replied on Wed, Dec 23 2009 11:00 AM

Hope you feel better soon.

Brandi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,175
Points 387,812
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 23 2009 1:20 PM

My my Gini,

ladders are definitely off limits. Hope your finger and thigh are OK now.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,665

Ditto...u poor thing...please be careful, we kinda like having you around.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Wed, Dec 23 2009 5:04 PM

Gini

What are you trying to do girl??

Kill Yourself.

Great way to start the holidays. Take care and I hope you are not too black and blue.

Don't get infection in that finger.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,249
Points 254,377
Thea replied on Wed, Dec 23 2009 6:16 PM

Gini - my heart goes out to you - They used to call me Grace as a nickname as I could never walk upstairs without falling down - and I wasn't allowed to wash the glass glasses at home - can't tell you how many times I sliced my hands - Daddy used to squint if I picked up a sharp knife - for years only allowed to use butter knives...

am amazed I have never cut myself with a rotary cutter but knock on wood so far that hasn't happened... I did walk and break bones in my foot a few years ago - and this year - remember - fell at my friends home and broke finger - shut finger in door to car watching husband...

So I am so so sorry that this happened to you and hopefully it will heal quickly...

I haven't worn a mini skirt since high school...lol

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.