HQ Avante Question?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Female
119 Posts
Points 1,995
Bonnie posted on Tue, May 29 2012 8:43 PM

Hi everyone. I am new here and I have a huge question. I am looking into buying a midarm quilter. After looking at several on the net and trying to go over reviews, I was wondering what you opinions are on the HQ Avante. There was several others along with Husqavarna. I just want a midarm that floats nicely and I do not have a lot pf problems with. I would love the quilting program for it to run by it's self, but is way over board for me. Opinions please.

Thank  you!

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

I don't have an Avante, but I do have an older, bare-bones HQ16 and I love it!  It floats nicely, as you say.   I have no trouble controlling it with one hand so I can be handling the fabric with the other.  I'm learning how to control my speed without the assistance of a stitch regulator, and my stitches are looking more even all the time.  I do like the sturdiness of the new frames HQ now sells with their machines.  My rods are a bit flimsy, but still, I can get the job done.

If I was going to trade up, I'd definitely get another HQ.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,296 Posts
Points 26,610

I have a Babylock Jewl, which is made by Handiquilter. I LOVE it.  Have several friends that hav e the Handiquilter and they all love them

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use