Page 3 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 32 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 1:24 PM

Maggie:

Rain?   VVhat is ths vvord rain?     Phoenix's rain total for the year has been 1/2 inch.   Rain since October 1 is at 2.5 inches   It truly is a dry heat.  

Thank goodness its not monsoon season yet.   Next month our humidity vvill be up and then vve'll be really miserable.    I hope the vveather cooperates vvith the retreat for all you SMM's.

I still miss it and can't wait to move back!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 1,100
Cathy J replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 3:11 PM

The weather here has been wonderful for the last couple of weeks...warm not hot and breezy. We had about three weeks of rain before that and I'm not complaining my garden loved it. I've been working in the yard most of the week. Of course all my tomatoes are coming in at the same time LOL.

I got a lot of sewing done during the rainy weather. But summer's here and the weather is heating up to the 90's next week.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 600
Points 10,540
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Jun 23 2012 5:48 PM

hi Maggie, when I was younger I lived in Tucson, and I always loved the monsoons. But I remember the air always being so dry and it was like you had to cut through the heat. When I first flew in, and so all the empty ditches I was really concerned about the water, and the lack of it. haha. Anyway it just poured like crazy last night, and the thunder just rolled and rolled. Today started out nice but then we saw the grey skies, and then the wind picked up. Next thing we knew we had this huge down pour of large hails. Hard and fast, with thunder, it was kind of wild. the sun seems to be back out again, but the temp has really cooled off. It is 61 degrees out

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 5
Page 3 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use