Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 32 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 9:26 PM

Weather in Virginia is hot and humid.  We have been in the high 80s to mid 90s and looks like it will continue for at least several more days.  We are staying mostly in the low 70s at night.   We do occasionally have afternoon thunderstorms but not very much actual rainfall.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Wed, Jun 20 2012 8:14 AM

Nana, the weather here in Michigan is echoing your weather there.  95 yesterday, chance of going higher today. Mid 70s at night.  We have had 2 days with rain since May 6th.  Things were really dry. Alittle better today.  Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,784
gini replied on Wed, Jun 20 2012 9:09 AM

weather in branson,,,,,blech

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Wed, Jun 20 2012 10:50 AM

Mam, Oh Man!  wish I was anywhere where it was cooler right now!  Stuck in Gilbert, AZ where at 8am then temp was already 80 with the expect high be 113, and humidity about 2 or 3%.  We are baking here!  Soon as the Dr says I can go, we are heading for the hills where we hope it will be cooler. 

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
We may have a little relief from the heat today. Chance od rain, but right back up to the 90's. I dislike summer intensely!

MelodyP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,016
Points 19,565

My brother lives near Duluth, MN and we saw this headline and my niece is supposed to have a party this weekend

People evacuate homes, animals flee zoo pens as heavy rains bring floods to NE Minnesota city

By Associated Press

DULUTH, Minn. — Residents evacuated their homes and animals escaped from their pens at a zoo as floods fed by a steady torrential downpour struck a city in northeastern Minnesota, officials said Wednesday.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Wed, Jun 20 2012 5:29 PM

mmm Beth, that doesnt sound like party weather, unless she was planing a big one at the Emergency shelter.

Well it is 80 here, and a welcome relief and the wind finally died down. I have huge shade trees on the west and southside of my house, so it stays pretty cool in the house for the most part. There is just over 17 hrs of visible light today, and the summer solstis is making me bounce off the wall. To many projects going on and burning the candle on both ends. I do like the long days of summer I must admit. Hate the glummy skies of winter, so it is kind of sad to think that now the days are going to start to get shorter and shorter, and before I know be lucky to get 8 hrs of sun. But then mostly it hides behind the grey clouds all day and pokes out just before it sets. Everyone have fun, I need to get the carpet cleaner back to the store.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 20 2012 6:00 PM

Missouri is just plain hot and miserable . We need rain bad .. barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:32 AM

we are suppose to get to 91 today, well it will be the frist for this year. I am wondering what kind of summer it will be. Last years was so weird we didnt heat 100 all summer. We usually get about two weeks of really hot weather and really warm nights in late july but didnt happen. Well here is to this summer. may the crops grow well.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675

Well it is hot here in Michigan too.  We, by choice, don't have air conditioning so I have brought back my solution to the heat of summer - NAKED QUILTING.  You have to watch where you drop pins but the benefits of a summer breeze is refreshing.  Try it sometime.  (Ignore the neighbors, they're just jealous)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,927
Thea replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 11:13 AM

Barbara:

Missouri is just plain hot and miserable . We need rain bad .. barbara

I wish I could send some of our rain your way Barbara, it has rained on and off for about a week.  In between, we are very very hot!  today it started raining early this morning and has rained on and off so far all day!  

I got the laundry done this morning and a few other household chores... need to get to the church and get the quilts basted but haven't felt much like moving... not lazy just exhausted and in pain... I'll get moving after lunch - I hope...teehee... thunder bumpers going off...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 1:10 PM

I guess i am indeed in Gods country.  Warm (not hot) clear blue skys.  Love it and I know it won't last but it beats the rain, rain, rain we have been having lately.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 8:07 AM

Good morning it is 68 out there right now and is suppose to get up to upper 70s and 60 % chance of t-storms, and that is how it is looking for the rest of the weekend.

I have to do Continue ed all day, (boring), maybe get to my quilt blocks this evening, Everyone enjoy your weekend

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 8:12 AM

So Tami, where is the dry side sunny weather?  At least these storms are supposed to have rain with them.  I don't like the dry lightning.  Although we are better prepared for wild fire than we have ever been.  I think I could fit my stash into the car, but there wouldn't be room for much else for evacuation!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 11:02 AM

Rain?   VVhat is ths vvord rain?     Phoenix's rain total for the year has been 1/2 inch.   Rain since October 1 is at 2.5 inches   It truly is a dry heat.  

Thank goodness its not monsoon season yet.   Next month our humidity vvill be up and then vve'll be really miserable.    I hope the vveather cooperates vvith the retreat for all you SMM's.

Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use