Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 1,245
DebBee Posted: Mon, May 28 2012 5:21 PM

I love the feel of fabric and crave the challenges of creating new things.  It is my joy and therapy from the real world. 

I grew up around one grandmother that sewed for a living and one grandma that hand quilted for a small part of her income, but mostly the pleasure it gave her.  My mother sewed a variety of formal dresses, among other clothing items for me and my sisters.  I mention my mother and grandmothers because the one thing I cherish most is the amazing gift of creativity they gave me.  I wish to include the important trait my father taught me; if you are going to do something, be meticulous in doing it right.

Ten years ago I moved to Alaska, making a long time dream come true.  I realized after my second year that I enjoyed sitting inside watching the snowfall and seeing the temperatures drop while enjoying a cup of hot cocoa.  My need to find something to help pass the cold winters renewed my interest in sewing and my love of quilting started to grow.  I took some classes and through friends I learned the techniques; my ability has blossomed into the desire to share my products.

I do long-arm quilting among various other projects like pillows, bags/pouches, ornaments and embroidered items.  I have just recently started to do the long-arm quilting for customers; I'm stepping out of my comfort zone of friends and family.  I look forward to reading the blogs and seeing others projects to help me learn and grow even more proficient in my craft.

DebBee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Mon, May 28 2012 5:43 PM

Welcome Debbie Bell, so glad you joined us. There is so much here to learn, retreats, swaps, BOMs, all kinds of groups. So check it out.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,872
Points 181,818
Marie replied on Mon, May 28 2012 5:47 PM

Debbee Bell, welcome to our ever growing family.  You will love it here.  Please post pictures of your projects when you have time., we love pictures.  So glad you decided to join us.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,535
Points 31,305
Diana replied on Mon, May 28 2012 6:03 PM

Welcome Debbee Bell    We love meeting new people and to hear about your projects.  We love to share our  love of quilting. too.    And yes, we love to see pics of anything you have made.

Diana in East Tn. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 993
Points 24,815

Welcome Debbee! So glad you could join us. One of my dream trips is to Alaska. Someday, maybe. 

By the way...watch out for Marie...she's a bad influence on us innocents...which I LOVE! LOL

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 1,245
DebBee replied on Mon, May 28 2012 6:07 PM

A few bad influences in our lives is what makes life exciting!

I used to feel that quilting was all so new to me, now this forums and blogs is like learning a new language.  Can someone tell me about what the little point #'s are used for?

DebBee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,333
Points 255,429
Barbara replied on Mon, May 28 2012 6:19 PM

Welcome Deb bee to the club,  no one knows what the points are for ,we have never been told , I call it area 51 ..LOL   Nice to have our northern sister joining us .look foward to seeing some of your projects.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Mon, May 28 2012 6:24 PM

Sorry, Debbee, where I got Deb Bell came from my old age, or bad eyesight.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,184
Points 30,780
Ramona replied on Mon, May 28 2012 6:27 PM

DebBee,

Welcome to the group! Glad to have you on board.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 1,245
DebBee replied on Mon, May 28 2012 6:27 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Sorry, Debbee, where I got Deb Bell came from my old age, or bad eyesight.

No it is not your age or bad eyesight; I did make a change to my profile shortly after I Introduced myself.  I noticed that some folks only use first names, then some use first and last, then beyond that some use versions of something or another.

DebBee

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 1,245
DebBee replied on Mon, May 28 2012 7:04 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcome!  I will post some pictures of my projects as soon as I have the opportunity and a better idea of how this web sight works. 

In the meantime keep all the tips, tricks and been there done that's coming...

DebBee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,872
Points 181,818
Marie replied on Mon, May 28 2012 7:12 PM

Mary, Mary, Mary, couldn't you leave it alone and have Debbee Bell find out for herself?  Boy can't get away with nothin' around here!  : ))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, May 28 2012 8:02 PM

DebBee

Welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.,

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,175
Points 387,812
Kris replied on Mon, May 28 2012 8:56 PM

Welcome DebBee.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, May 28 2012 8:58 PM

Welcome Deb Bee!  Cute user name and avatar picture!  I hope you enjoy your time with us!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.