Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420
erindipity Posted: Thu, May 10 2012 12:05 PM

After I post this I am going to start cutting the FQ to make my first quilt ever. I'm using a pattern called TURNING TWENTY by Tricia Cribbs. It's supposed to be easy and quick to make. It does look like I can handle it but I am a nervous wreck! lol I'm going to start with a 9 block quilt first and give it to my 3 yr old grand daughter...(if it turns out.) I am sure that I will be back here frantically posting questions within the next few hours...wish me luck!! :)

I'll post some pics later...bad or good.

Piece, Love, Quilt

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, May 10 2012 12:27 PM

Congratulation, Erin!  Just take your time, measure twice, cut once, all that good stuff, lol.  You'll do fine.  Just remember, it's only fabric.  The worst case is you have to buy more and how bad is that, really?

Linny T

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

Just dig in there, Erin!  You'll have a lovely quilt for your granddaughter, you'll see. Have a lot of fun - and listen to Linny. It's good advice!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, May 10 2012 1:10 PM

Erin:
After I post this I am going to start cutting the FQ to make my first quilt ever

Just think to yourself, Its only fabric, not flesh.  I can get more if I hoop cutting this out.  I will learn, I will grow.  I will grow warm under my wonderful new quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, May 10 2012 1:55 PM

Oh, Erin, do you have enough chocolate for emergencies?

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

I have my pieces cut and laid out and it looks good! I'm getting ready to sew pieces together and make the blocks. At this rate I may have the top done in a little while!

Sukochi- I ALWAYS have enough chocolate for any task I take on..LOL

BBL

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

The top is done! It took me 4 hours to cut, arrange and sew it together. After I clean up my mess I will post a progress pic.

I'm sew happy!! hehe

Piece, Love, Quilt

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 38
Points 955

My first quilt was a flannel one for my first grandchild... It was a flannel quilt and turned out wonderfully.... Now I have a Hungry Caterpillar quilt that I need to quilt for her (the top is done) and I see so many others that I would love to do for her... Once you get that first one under your belt, there is no looking back...

Monika

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,690
Sylvia replied on Thu, May 10 2012 4:45 PM

Woohooo!   Hurray Erin!!!  I'm sure it will be gorgeous and she will love it!

Keep us posted!  We want to see your pictures.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 6,110
Pat M. replied on Thu, May 10 2012 5:11 PM

Erin--

All of the Turning Twenty patterns are great--they look harder than they are and as you found out not hard at all!

Looking forward to seeing it.  I'm sure it's fantastic.

Pat--"Keep Calm and Carry On"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, May 10 2012 5:35 PM

Erin

That is fantastic.  The Turning Twenty patterns are great for the beginner and a fun quick project for those with more quilting experience.  They make up into beautiful quilts.  I know you are feeling so proud.  That first quilt is always the greatest experience.  Glad it went well for you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, May 10 2012 5:38 PM

Erin ,way to go ,You'll always remember the first one . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 29,135
Ramona replied on Thu, May 10 2012 7:48 PM

Erin,

I know you are so proud to finish that first quilt!! Great job!! Post that picture. We are all waiting to see the quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, May 11 2012 12:55 PM

Way to go, Erin!  

Pictures???

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

After trying several times last night and all morning today to get onto this site to post pics I have started quilting it already.  I don't like the way it is looking and I am thinking about "tying" I think is what it is called. Laughing at myself because it's the last part that I am having a mental breakdown on..LOL Cupcake (the grand daughter) is only 3, she won't know if I messed the stitches up or not..haha

Piece, Love, Quilt

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use