Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 47
Points 1,780
Lindy Posted: Wed, May 9 2012 12:12 PM

Well I just had to share this with all of you yesterday I went to Ardmore Oklahoma and went to my first Quilting Guild. They were so nice and I had great cake with coffee. I couldn't believe the work that some of the ladies did and men. I got to learn a new block Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt Block it looked really hard at first but I was able to do to. I'm really glad that I went and I had lots of fun. I can't wait to until till I get to go again.

One thing we talked about was how to have a good guild like if any one wanted to learn something. Does anyone have any ideas for us that you have done at your guild?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Wed, May 9 2012 5:53 PM

Oklahomamom2,

Glad you found a guild you will enjoy.  Sorry, I don't have any experience with a formal guild so I can't answer your question.  I belong to a small group that makes charity quilts for local organizations.

Good luck :)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,499
Points 417,339
gini replied on Thu, May 10 2012 10:41 AM

we have member led classes once a month,   we learn something and get to sew all day. sometimes we work on the project being taught and sometimes we work on our own projects. twice a year, we have a famous person come in, they  teach and do a trunk show.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,875
Points 40,490
ls2116 replied on Sat, May 12 2012 1:40 PM

That sounds great gini.  someday i'll find a guild but right now i'm content with QCA.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Sun, May 13 2012 3:21 PM

Oklahomamom2,

Glad you had a wonderful time at your guild meeting. Certainly is nice to get around others with the same interests. We have had little lessons at our guild. Someone will volunteer to demonstrate something they are good at like binding or paper piecing. Each of us have our own little talents or something that we like to do. Even though we all quilt there might be one area you feel more confident in than someone else.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 47
Points 1,780
Lindy replied on Sun, May 13 2012 9:39 PM

I just love the fact that I get to see the projects in person because some times it doesn't matter how many videos I watch to see it done in front of you makes it all better to me. I'm great full to have met so many new people and I can't wait to learn more. I'm hoping that more people volunteer to demonstrate different blocks.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Sun, May 13 2012 9:44 PM

oklahomamom2,

It does make a difference when it's right in front of you. Also allows you the opportunity to ask questions. I'm sure others will come forward with their technique on something. You'll be doing demos yourself before you know it.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use