Digitizing

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 14 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
428 Posts
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson posted on Mon, May 7 2012 4:09 PM

Good day everyone!  I'm hoping you all will help me out.  If you own a sewing/embroidery machine, would you be so kind as to respond to this post?  I'd like to find out what kind of embroidery machine you use - that is, who is the manufacturer?  In addition, I'd like to find out what digitizing software is compatible with your current embroidery machine?

Thanks ever so much.

Kim in Calgary

• | Post Points: 95

All Replies

Top 200 Contributor
320 Posts
Points 4,485
Ally replied on Mon, May 7 2012 5:19 PM

I own a pfaff cv and also have 5D embroidery software for digitizing, and floriani total control software.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
2,846 Posts
Points 40,250

i have older machines pfaff 7570 and viking 1+ from what i know,  and i don't know much each had individual cards that worked for the machine  alot of their software is obsolete won't work with modern windows laptop because they were in data mode.  newer models so i've been told you can download straight into machine and have more types of software .  also i ran the tajima 6 and 12 head machines my boss did the digitising i just kept the machines running.  good luck in finding the right machine.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
428 Posts
Points 7,640

Thank you for responding Ally.  Do you like your Pfaff?  I'm interested in your software - how easy/difficult is it to use?  Do you digitize hand drawn images/designs or alter designs already in your software?

Kim

Top 150 Contributor
Female
428 Posts
Points 7,640

Is2116 - hello and thank you for responding also.  Another Pfaff machine!  How do you like yours?

Kim

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,115 Posts
Points 29,745

Hi Kim,

I have had a Husqvarna Viking Designer SE for several years and absolutely love it. I can't afford to upgrade to the 5D Embroidery software but I do use the 4D. If you have the funds, I would try to get a machine that uses at least the 200x200 hoops. I have been very happy with my SE but when they came out with the larger hoops I have come up with the "I want" bad. The 200x200 give you 8x8 designs and that would be great for quilts. My friend has the new Pfaff and loves it as well. She just recently upgraded her software to the 5D.  I would get the biggest I could and consider comparing commercial machine prices.

You may also want to post a note on the Cute Embroidery site, if you haven't already, and see what responses you get.  http://www.cuteembroidery.com/  Free site to chat on.

Top 50 Contributor
2,846 Posts
Points 40,250

I love my 7570, I'm trying to find a backup for it cheap and my 1+ i think i made 1 quilt using it. prefer my pfaff but i really should pull it out and get reacclimated to it. been eyeing the janome6600 and viking 875q but thats all i'm doing budget not cooperating.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,963 Posts
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Mon, May 7 2012 8:23 PM

Hi Kim,

I have a Pfaff 2170 and I use 4D software. I like them both. I haven't done any digitising myself but I've seen it done and I liked the results. I believe there is a YouTube channel for the software.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

Hi Kim,

I have an older Bernina 200E/730(conversion) that I have been using with v4 software (Bernina) for years.  I just upgraded to a Bernina 830LE with v6 software.  However, with the Bernina software, I can convert any software to the Bernina format, so no worries there.  Bernina digitized designs (ART or EXP) are best, but I can convert anything, ie: PES, etc.

Hope that helps,

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
428 Posts
Points 7,640

Hi Ramona.  Thank you ever so much for taking the time to respond to my post.  It is very much appreciated.

I haven't worked at all with large hoops, but would like to learn how to do that for sure.  I will check out the Cute Embroidery site - thanks so very much.

Kim

Top 150 Contributor
Female
428 Posts
Points 7,640

Really/  A you tube channel?  I will definitely have to check that out.  Thanks so much Kris.

Kim

Top 200 Contributor
320 Posts
Points 4,485
Ally replied on Tue, May 8 2012 3:33 PM

I love my pfaff. Haven't done a lot of lessons but you can digitize vector files and artwork in the 5d software suite in design creator. Just bought the floriani total control for digitizing looked easy enough, just haven't taken any classes yet on the right way to use it. With both softwares you can save to any emb format. 5D also have software support that you can enroll in that includes project lessons, webinars on different things in the software, plus if you have any trouble with the software you are able to contact them and they will help you with it. I also like my pfaff for the bigger hoops that are available plus a larger throat where you can machine quilt on your sewing machine a little bit easier. Hope this helps. You may also go to the pfaff website and check out the machines on the site and there software. pfaff.com

Top 150 Contributor
Female
428 Posts
Points 7,640

Thank you Ally.  Your response is so detailed...thank you very much.

Kim

Not Ranked
23 Posts
Points 295

A lot of digitizing programs now produce designs that are compatible with almost all machines. I have a Brother that uses .pes and I've noticed that it's included with every design set that I've ever been interested in.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
439 Posts
Points 7,025
Mz M replied on Sun, Jul 1 2012 5:21 PM

If you should come across a stitch pattern that is not in the extension your machine requires there is a computer program called BUZZ TOOLS that will convert it for you. It's an awesome program! I have an Esante that uses .PES and have have been able to purchase designs for other machines by using BUZZ TOOLS.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use