Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 185
yvonne reed Posted: Thu, Apr 26 2012 8:18 PM

Hi, I am very excited to  be part of this group. My friend, Betty Tolliver, has been helping me buy the tools and explains everything. She is wonderful!  I have never quilted. My name is Yvonne Reed and I live in Bakersfield, Ca. I am 68 years old, married, and my dog is a golden retriever and his name is Abe. looking forward to learning everything I can from everyone.       Yvonne Reed

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Welcome, Yvonnereed! I hope you find lots of inspiration and ideas as well as support! MelodyP

MelodyP

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 185

Hi MelodyP, Since I know absolutley nothing about quilting-everything will be an inspiration to me !  How long have you been quilting?  Yvonne Reed

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Hi Yvonne -

I am in northern California. I live in the Sierra's. I have only been quilting for a year; however, I am relatively new to this site. You will love it here.  Check out the "show and Tell Gallery" and the groups. There is a group even for fur babies. Ask lots and any questions. I have found that quilters are very nice and very generous with information and help. Hope to see a picture of your first quilt soon.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,272
Points 413,639
gini replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 8:49 PM

hi yvonne, welcome to the group. we are very excited to meet you.  there are a lot of experienced quilters here to help you.  have you picked out a pattern for your first quilt?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 9:22 PM

Yvonne,welcome to the club, You will love it here. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 185

Hi Melissa, I have started a quilt top. I am so slow.I had to buy a sewing machine and learn how to use it. Sewing a straight line is difficult . My friend Betty Tolliver helps me , she is a member and thought I could learn  a lot by joining.She posts pictures of her quilt. I will be looking for your pictures.  Yvonne

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 185

Hi Gini,I have started a quilt top. I am still learning how to use my sewing machine.Just putting the thread on was a big deal=let alone that bobbin thing ! I have some squares sewn together. I had to buy a little gadget to rip out seams. I wish those seams did not have to match up.  Yvonne

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 185

Hi Barbara, Thanks for the encouragement. I am looking forward to seeing everyones quilts.I now appreciate all the hard work that you all do. If I ever finish my first quilt , I will have over $2000.00 in it.  I bought a new sewing machine, cutting table,light,8 different size rulers and little square gadgets of different sizes to measure so I can cut straight. It does not help much since I can not sew  a straight line yet.   Yvonne

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,272
Points 413,639
gini replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:55 PM

yvonnereed:

Hi Gini,I have started a quilt top. I am still learning how to use my sewing machine.Just putting the thread on was a big deal=let alone that bobbin thing ! I have some squares sewn together. I had to buy a little gadget to rip out seams. I wish those seams did not have to match up.  Yvonne

yes, bobbins are a pain, and so are the little seam ripping gadgets, i have several of those, i've worn a few out, too.  who  told you your seams have to match up,  it's your quilt.  if you want unmatching seams, i say go for it.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,381
Points 360,847
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:43 PM

Welcome Yvonne.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 7:48 AM

Welcome Yvonne

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 8:00 AM

Welcome Yvonne :)  I'm glad you decided to join the group.  You will learn a lot from everyone here.

How old is Abe?  Golden Retrievers are wonderful dogs!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,090
Susan replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 8:01 AM

Welcome Yvonne!

Im a newbie too. I understand! I'm still figuring out how to do these 1/4" seams that are so important! 

But I've made a few small quilts & it does get easier. I used to hand quilt & while it was no where near so picky, it was no where near so much fun either.

Friends & this group are both REALLY helpful! There's a LOT of good people here!

Have in!

Susan QOCD!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Yvonne - Welcome!! I know Betty is excited that you have joined us

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use